Glide started life as separate businesses delivering broadband, utilities and communications services to different markets across the UK. Now as one group we understand our customers and are specialists in delivering high quality, superfast and relentlessly reliable solutions for the student, residential and business sectors. We don’t just offer connectivity - we build the cabling infrastructure that makes connectivity possible, and offer utilities and communications platforms that improve experiences at home and in the workplace.
About the Role
Accountable for operational and day to day debt recovery across various aged debt books. Improving and implementing new processes to minimise credit risk and increase company profits. Responsible for all documentation including policies and compliance regulations. Managing and coaching a large credit control team to achieve and exceed daily targets. Building and maintaining relationship with senior management and external suppliers to reduce bad debt. Ownership of budgets and resources for the department. Setting targets for bad debt provision, debtors days and monthly cash collection. Reporting to the Financial Director on key accounts and team performance. Other responsibilities will include:
- Motivating credit controllers to meet monthly targets
- Reporting MI to Senior Management and attend monthly meetings
- Implementation and updating Credit Control Policies and functions
- Developing and training credit controllers to achieve best practice
- Allocating payments to customer accounts
- Taking ownership on decisions of client refunds via BACS and Sage Pay
- Prepare all the pre - legal accounts to be referred to legal
- Communicating and monitoring DCA performance
- Taking escalation calls from other members of staff to help resolve debt related queries.
- Send requests to make improvements on systems
- Organise team meetings and 1 to 1’s
- Develop and deliver on projects to improve cash collection
Who we're looking for
In addition to being confident in your knowledge of best practice debt collection processes, you will have a track record of delivering high-volume outbound contacts to collect cash across multiple debt ledgers. It would also be ideal if you have experience of acting as a point of escalation for difficult contacts.
You'll also be able to produce excellent internal and external communications, and be great at developing relationships with colleagues and customers.
- Minimum of 2 years Debt Collection/Credit Control experience (Requirement)
- Minimum of 2 Years experience of leading and managing a team (Requirement)
- Ability to present information in a structured and balanced way
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to remain calm in difficult situations
- Confident and professional telephone manor
- Advanced excel skills
- Utilities experience (desirable)
- Effective communication skills
Working at Glide.
The Glide group has offices across the country, including Bristol, Birmingham and Coventry. We're a family that cares about each other and that doesn’t just mean we ask people how their day is going, it means that whether it’s a personal or professional goal, we’re committed to helping people get to where they want to be. We routinely ensure Gliders are objective setting and thinking about their development, and you shouldn’t be surprised if our directors want to know what yours are.
Here at Glide, we believe in hard work in an informal atmosphere that encourages our people to express their ideas. Not only do we have dedicated channels for people to express their suggestions for improvement, in our latest employee satisfaction survey 98% of our employees told us that they feel empowered to make decisions that impact their role. It’s something we’re proud of.
Being a Glider isn't simply clocking in and clocking out. We're a highly creative and social bunch that spends as much time together outside of the office as we do at our desks. Whether it’s after work socials, our legendary away days, annual summer BBQ, or the Christmas Party, a Glider is always looking for an adventure and seeing what the world has to offer.
Other benefits include:
- 25 days annual leave, plus Bank Holidays
- Your birthday off
- Private Healthcare
- Free tea, coffee, fruit and snacks in the office
- Credit Control
- Debt Management
- Management Experience
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'