Credit Control Administrator
£8.50 - £9.00 Per Hour
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced administrator to join a national organisation near Plymouth.
The business has seen an increase in workload and is therefore seeking an experienced administrator or Finance assistant to join their credit control team. This is initially a temporary 3 month position, with the possibility of the role being extended or becoming permanent.
Reporting into the Credit Controller Team Leader, this opportunity would suit an individual who enjoys working in finance and an administrator role.
Main roles and Responsibilities
- Resolve all customer queries in a prompt and efficient manner.
- Process the daily Direct Debits and other income payments and prepare remittances.
- Contact retailers in respect of failed direct debits and necessary follow up.
- Ensure that Ad Hoc invoices (recharges) are raised promptly crediting the relevant Nominal Ledger account
- To ensure that retailer claims for credits are checked and processed in an efficient and timely manner and in such a way to minimise credits.
- To improve processes so that credits are reduced.
- Ensure the weekly consolidation of sales for the strategic customers' accounts are completed weekly
- Ensure effective and professional communication with all internal departments and external channels.
- Raising of Trading Agreements and references for new and old accounts, including stock loans.
- Processing of cash for banking.
- Chase sales ledger and debtors.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned by your Line Manager and advise on matters affecting the Company's interest at all times.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience of working as an administrator; previous finance experience would be an advantage but not essential.
The successful applicant will be enthusiastic, willing to learn and have experience of working in a busy office environment and feel comfortable communicating on the phone.
Excellent communication skills are required to be able to build and maintain professional relationships with external customers and colleagues in the core finance department.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job