This job has ended. Find similar jobs.
Our client is the largest independent convenience store operator in the UK with over 500 independent retailers plus over 320 company owned stores and 8200 employees in total across all of their divisions in England and Wales.
They are a UK-based international wholesaler and distributor of fresh meat, committed to the highest standards of quality and customer service.
Position: Credit Control Assistant
Location: Featherstone, South Staffordshire
Job Type: Part Time, 4 months Temporary Contract
Hours: 20 Hours per Week, 9am - 3pm, 3 days a week - flexible
Benefits: Staff Discount, Company Pension Scheme, Company Sick Pay Scheme, Additional Holidays, Long Service Awards, Cycle to Work Scheme, Life Cover, Employee Volunteering opportunities.
Closing date: August 6, 2017
About the role:
Duties will include monitoring and reconciliation of accounts, assisting with the review of new credit account applications, reviewing financials to determine credit worthiness, liaising with credit insurers, general credit control duties to ensure the prompt recovery of all debt, report preparation to ensure KPI’s are achieved.
This role is part of an expansion and is temporary initially but with hopes of it becoming permanent and hours potentially increasing.
- Dealing with daily cash, cheques and cash figures
- Constant review of sales ledger to ensure both proactive and reactive debt chasing
- Process and bank cheques and cash on a daily basis
- Assist the Credit Control Manager with the review of new credit account applications
- Liaising with credit insurers to obtain the required cover and obtaining further data as may be required by them
- Review credit insurance report
- Continual pursuit of all monies, ensuring that accounts are paid to terms
- General administration duties
- May be required to work evenings and weekends
- Basic education (numeracy and literacy)
- Food Hygiene Certification is preferred
- Previous experience in a similar role is preferred
- A high level understanding of how to read company financials
- Experienced in all aspects of credit control and dealing with customers to collect debt and resolve issues
- Flexible approach to working hours.
You may have experience of the following: Credit Control Administrator, Credit Controller, Debt Management, Sales Ledger, Accounting Administrator, Accounts Administrator, Accounting Officer, Finance Assistant, Sales Ledger Administrator, etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job