Credit Control x 2 - £20,000 - £23,000 - 6 month fixed term contract - Liverpool City Centre
One of Liverpool's most prestigious Law Firms is currently recruiting for experienced Credit Controllers to join its expanding team on a 6-month fixed term contract basis. You will be part of a hardworking and successful team that prides itself on providing a range of quality legal services for all their clients.
The responsibility of the Credit Control Team is to secure payment in accordance with the company's Terms of Business and to ensure they meet cash collection and DSO monthly targets.
Through excellent communications with internal and external clients credit controllers must ensure that queries and disputes are followed up and resolved in a timely manner, utilising system processes and personal skills to provide accurate and detailed information to all Clients.
The team also focus on promoting the importance of Credit Management, following the company's Credit Policy.
Main duties and responsibilities
* To manage and minimise debt whilst striving to achieve monthly cash target and debtor days - key focus being on debt 90 days and over for this particular role
* To utilise best practice processes and procedures but looking for better ways to work with internal and external clients at all times.
* Motivation being key to keeping in a positive frame of mind to ensure targets are met month on month.
* To isolate a specific ledger of debt, in order to clear outstanding balances or deliver definitive answers relating to collectability - within the contracted period of six months.
* To identify ways of working smarter within the wider team, encouraging better communication throughout Finance but most importantly firm wide.
* To manage on a daily basis your own Ledger and provide assistance with our team's overall Debtor's Ledger if required.
* To take an active part in promoting the team image within the business.
* To monitor and report progress and escalate issues to the Credit Manager so immediate action can be taken.
* To meet with Fee Earners on at least monthly basis
* To be able to make sound business decisions both on your own ledger and when assisting team members
* To assist with month end reporting and Credit Committee reporting and preparation, specifically in relation to your focused ledger.
* To monitor client monies, ensuring you review this on a weekly basis, moving money in accordance with SAR rules - also in liaison with the Revenue Assurance Team, who will process these for us.
The person specification
* Experience working as part of a team within a Credit Control environment.
* Strong communication skills, being able to negotiate, persuade and enthuse people to embrace best Credit Control practice throughout the business.
* Excellent communication and persuasion skills
* A positive attitude to dealing with people within the department, and getting the best from them as the role is to provide a service, being proactive to requests/information from internal and external clients is essential.
* Strong IT skills including Excel
* Most importantly, the ability to learn new systems quickly.
For further information and a confidential conversation about this role or similar opportunities, please contact Rebecca Butler, on Liverpool 601 6000
Zoot Recruit is a specialist Accountancy and Finance recruiter based in Liverpool but we cover vacancies all over the North West.
We have lots more info about us and what vacancies we are currently working on our various social media outlets so please visit our website or follow us on twitter @zootrecruit.
A little note from us
We get so many applications that in some instances we are unable to offer individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within five working days unfortunately your application will not be progressed any further for this vacancy. However, if you want to call us for a chat about any other vacancies or some advice and guidance, please do as we are always happy to help.
- Credit Control
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job