This is an important role for an ambitious, commercially minded professional and requires one to exercise initiative, demonstrate independence of thought and behaviour and to have the flexibility and competence to deal with a range of different challenges and stakeholders.
The role involves working closely with and maintaining strong relationships with all areas of the business including Management, Supply and Operations, Commercial, Accounting, Treasury, and Back Office.
This role sits within the Finance function, currently circa 22 people, and reports into the Credit Manager. The Finance function consists of Finance, Middle Office, Treasury, Credit and Tax.
Responsibilities of Credit Assistant
- Maintaining customer accounts
- Producing customer statements
- Ensuring that debts are collected promptly, and any queries resolved
- Monitor accounts to ensure payments are made to terms and the credit limit is adhered to
- Production of a daily credit report to advise of any areas of concern
- Allocation of cash receipts daily
- Running of the daily Direct Debit collection process
- Monitoring BACS services and enacting changes, as required
- Awareness & monitoring of the credit insurance status
- Understanding of credit ratings, risk to ledger, and monitoring for adverse information
- Prepare periodic and ad-hoc reporting for management
- Periodic checks of the validity of controlled oil licenses
- Provide support and analysis for projects as required
Experience/ skills required
- General credit control experience, 3-4 years minimum preferred.
- Commercial awareness of the oil and energy sector, experience preferred
- Experience of SAP accounting and trading systems preferred
- Strong Excel skills
- Familiarity with credit reports and scoring from the likes of D&B, Graydon, Creditsafe
- A strong drive to improve performance and processes
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Must be able to use initiative and problem solve issues by themselves
- Demonstrated ability to work in a complex and dynamic environment
- Proactive and motivated person
- Team player
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'