The Credit Risk Management Department provides credit management support to several Business Groups of Cargill which are involved in freight and agricultural transactions. The Credit Risk Management Team is part of the Finance team and is composed by credit analysts located in our various Cargill worldwide locations.
The position holder will work on counterpart risk monitoring for our Geneva office mainly for our freight business and sporadically for our grain business. This position requires a deep understanding of counterpart’s financial positions, thorough knowledge of the risk associated to the different contracts and understanding of the sectors and commodity values underlying the transaction.
As part of this job, the individual will as well proactively interact and collaborate with partners such as merchants and traders, trade execution/operations, accounting, lawyers and the other WW Cargill Credit team members internally and suppliers/customers externally.
The incumbent will directly report to the OT/WTG Credit Manager located in Geneva and will direcly work with the other credit analysts located in Geneva and Singapore.
70% Portfolio anaylsis and monitoring
- Perform credit risk analysis and due diligence on counterparties and propose adequate limits. Review the limits set as necessary;
- Understand and assess the risks associated to the transactions entered into with the various counterparts and take these risks into consideration while assessing the limit needs;
- Discuss all non standard/high risk transactions with either the Credit Manager or Senior credit analyst prior providing credit advises to management;
- Work closely with legal/Trade Structure Finance teams to propose and develop risk mitigation, deal structuring tools and solutions for highly complex deals/structures;
- Conduct review and analysis of countries and sectors in which the counterparty operates that could have potential impact on counterparty risks (regulation, market, main actors, etc);
- Provide surveillance on assigned portfolio and notify the Credit Manager as well as Business Finance Lead of any significant deterioration in counterpart credit profile or exposure changes;
- Actively participate to the Business Group credit risk meetings by presenting high and risky exposures to the Business management and generating constructive discussion around these various risks;
- Work actively with the commercial teams to monitor the over limit and high risk exposures in order to take the necessary actions to mitigate risks and follow up on the action plans;
- Develop and maintain good relation with business partners of the managed portfolio;
- Actively collaborate with the other credit analysts when counterparts are shared across different locations;
- Develop relationship with external suppliers/customers/brokers on assigned portfolio.
20% Compliance and reporting:
- Reporting : actively work with our India credit shared service team to prepare on a by-monthly and monthly basis various credit reports and actively communicate this information internally to the various credit stakeholders;
- Reporting: actively work with our India shared service teams to enhance and develop our various credit reports;
- Credit shared service coaching: act as the main contact between Geneva/Singapore freight credit team and the India credit shared service and work with them on processes changes/improvements & provide them with regular feedbacks;
- Review and validate the creation and maintenance of counterpart data in the various credit systems to ensure compliance with our KYC/AML and sanctions policies;
- Ensure compliance with the different Cargill credit related policies;
- 10% Participate in the Credit Team intiatives
- Participate actively in IT and processes/policies improvement projects that may arise within the credit team or business.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent, Master a plus;
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years experience in a credit analysis or financial role within trading or financial environment;
- Self-starter, ability to manage own workflow and priorities during a fast-paced work environment;
- Knowledge of freight and/or grains/oilseeds markets;
- Ability to identify issues and risks, establish facts, collect data and draw valid conclusions;
- Must be a strong communicator able to work cross-functionally and synthesize detailed information;
- Ability to coop with stressfull situations;
- Ability to adapt to changes and high level of initiative;
- Strong team player and willingness to contribute to broader Credit function initiatives;
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- MBA or CFA
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'