I am working with a Fin-Tech challenger bank on a Credit Analyst role. The Credit Analyst plays an instrumental role in leveraging analytics with a customer-centric vision and strategic objectives.
The Credit Analyst will work cross-functionally on a variety of business issues to deliver long-term commercial value to the business and ongoing value to the customer.
He/she supports the Risk & Pricing Director in developing credit and pricing strategies that ensure that credit losses don’t exceed industry levels and within the declared risk appetite.
- Help develop and maintain credit risk strategies through the customer lifecycle to help with achieving credit risk objective
- Implement credit strategies in Powercurve and other parts of the underwriting system
- Support testing and reviews of underwriting systems
- Help develop and maintain customer lifetime value models to allow the development of commercially viable product propositions and strategies
- Assess, analyse and respond to key strategic issues that may impact product profitability or customer benefits
- Mine internal and external data using latest data mining tools such as SQL, R or Python.
- Experience of working with statistical models e.g. logistical regression, Churn analysis, Decision tree, Survival analysis.
- Produce analytical reports to monitor risk performance and commercial performance
- Maintain feedback loop between forecast and actuals as well as spot unexpected trends and dive into potential issues
- Work across functions to sign off strategy changes and oversee implementation
- Develop effective relationships with internal and external partners including Product, Credit risk, Finance, Compliance, and Legal.
- Help maintain and develop impairment calculation methodology (PD, EAD, LGD) and help towards management of impairment line
CAPABILITIES AND KNOWLEDGE
- Daily use of Excel
- Knowledge of data-mining tools - SQL, SAS, R, Python, etc, to pull relevant data. Liaise with the Infrastructure team to ensure data warehouse requirements are appropriate.
- Own the Product Designers (Net Present Value modelling))
- Understanding of Bureau data and implementation into Strategy Design Studio (SDS); or other acquisition or ECM decision tool
- Credit Risk
- Risk Management
- Risk Analytics
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job