Assistant Relationship Manager - 12 Month FTC - Commercial Banking
12 Month FTC - Assistant Relationship Manager, Large Commercial / Mid Corporate Banking - Brighton
Our client is following a strategy of becoming a niche Business Bank throughout the UK. As part of the strategy they are developing the business across a broad range of sectors and geographies. They are now seeking an experienced Assistant Relationship Manager to join the team on a 12 month FTC to make a difference by helping them achieve their growth.
Working as part of a team of 8 in the Brighton banking centre, this role will allow the successful candidate to support three very busy frontline Relationship Managers. This will include planning, research and analysis with a strong focus on all stages of the credit process including preparation of credit papers and the subsequent workflow through to drawdown of facilities for clients. Lending deals range from £3m to £20m across various sectors.
This is an ideal opportunity for an experienced Assistant Relationship Manager, who has solid credit skills, to join an established banking name with a clear growth agenda based on long term relationships.
Your next challenge
- Support the Relationship Management team to manage all credit matters for their new customer portfolio.
- Understand the key elements of Credit Risk Management with an emphasis on credit assessment in a commercial/corporate banking environment
- Maintain a strong culture of compliance, controls and operational, credit and risk policies and procedures
- Ability to produce accurate credit papers and reports within tight deadlines
- Deliver a first-class customer service and experience internally.
What you’ll need
- Experience of commercial/corporate lending and credit assessment, along with general knowledge of industry sectors and their risks.
- Advanced financial modelling skills.
- Advanced Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, with a strong knowledge of finance and statistical analysis capabilities.
- Credit experience gained in a Relationship Management and/or Credit role, including writing credit papers.
- Good communication skills.
Please note: The Minimum Education requirements for entry to our client is 5 GCSE passes (or higher), to include a pass in English and Maths. These 5 subjects must be achieved with a grade of A - C. Confirmation of this will be sought if successful for the role.
What else should you demonstrate?
As part of the selection process, the successful applicant will be expected to demonstrate the competencies reflected below.
Lending, Credit Analysis & Decisioning - Analyse the credit and risk implications of credit proposals and make well-informed lending decisions to grow profitable business
Communication and Influencing- genuine two-way communication to achieve consensus and progress
Planning and Priority Setting- getting things done effectively and efficiently
Teamwork and collaboration- working together to deliver results
How You’ll Be Rewarded:
This is a 12 month FTC. You will receive a base salary of up to £40,000 (dependent upon experience) plus pension, healthcare and various other benefits. There is potentially some flexibility to work from home in this role.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'