My client is an Innovative FinTech Bank based in the city . They are searching for a Specialist working with the Head of Credit to help set IT system requirements and supporting processes and policies to enable the bank to start offering Merchant acquiring services and white label issuing services -together called cards offering services.
- Advise on policy and framework to manage merchants and payments risk (debit and credit cards only) to mitigate credit as well as fraud losses
- Work closely with IT to design systems which enable merchant underwriting and fraud monitoring from a merchant underwriter and acquirer perspective. (Must)
- Ensure the policy and procedures are catered for in the initial product offering to merchants and also catered for in the IT build in the short and medium term
- Contribute to the project and steering committee on cards and acquiring and engage with senior stakeholders
- Be able to advise on relevant regulatory and compliance advisory from FCA/PRA and ECB relating to Merchant exposure management and forbearance
- Be able to advise on relevant scheme requirements and be conversant with scheme best practices
- Ensure best practices in the industry are practiced and part of the risk framework for the cards offering
- Should be able to provide commercial guidance on pricing and underwriting merchant deal structures and term sheets.
Skills and Experience:
- Subject matter expert in merchant underwriting and management for onboarding merchants. Should have the technical knowledge of back end systems and scheme compliances.
- Extensive experience in the cards acquiring lifecycle with at least 5 years hands-on experience in underwriting merchants and monitoring them in life. White label issuing experience is beneficial.
- Should have demonstrable experience of managing merchants at onboarding as well as in life
- 10+ years experience in the cards lifecycle with 5+ years acquiring experience (Must). Ideally would have managed a team of Merchant underwriters and Fraud monitoring resources.
- Should have the macro as well as the micro view of the merchant life cycle (from an acquirer/processor perspective) as well as white label cards products (from an issuer perspective).
- Credit Risk
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job