Creative Studio Manager
Location: Sutton Coldfield - B72 1SX
Salary: £31,750 - £34,600 DOE
Employment Status: Full-Time, Permanent
Wilmington is a dynamic and expanding group of companies who provide information and training to professional business markets. Our businesses enable professionals and their organisations to perform better by providing quality, relevant and reliable information, education and knowledge. We share ideas and successes across the group, harness shared resources and focus on our customer’s needs. Wilmington Shared Services is the global support service of Finance, HR, Facilities, Venues, Design & Document Services and IT supporting Wilmington plc
Wilmington plc is looking for a new Creative Studio Manager, to help their internal creative agency produce great work, and to liaise with all business units who want their ideas brought to life.
The Creative Studio produce original high-quality design solutions across media formats including flyers, brochures, email and web that engage different audiences. Additionally, we co-ordinate the administration and typesetting of manuals and course materials for events, and liaison and management of our outsourced print partner.
As studio manager you will be responsible for the scheduling, monitoring and delivery of all this work; delivering creative content to meet the needs of the organisation.
Main Purpose of Role
We are looking for an experienced, confident, and dynamic studio manager to join the creative studio, based in Sutton Coldfield with occasional travel to Wilmington’s head office in London.
The perfect candidate will have a creative agency background, a high degree of emotional intelligence, and be willing and confident to engage with colleagues at all levels. You will be flexible and approachable, helpful and accommodating - but always realistic about what can be delivered and able to manage expectations with tact and diplomacy.
In short, you will be the studio glue! You will hold everything together making sure work that comes in, has been properly briefed and well understood. Keeping track and making sure that internal clients are kept informed on progress. You will keep tabs on who is doing what and herd the creative team in the right direction as required.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To be the first point of contact for the Studio, advocating the purpose and work of the studio. Ensuring it is seen as a professional, friendly and highly creative resource
- Ensuring the correct amount of resource is allocated to each project and that projects are time managed
Create and implement workflow and project management processes to make for a smooth, efficient project lifecycle
Ensure that the team members are sufficiently trained and have appropriate resources making recommendations as appropriate
- Prepare, maintain and report on departmental data and provide insight on this
- Manage all aspects of the outsourced print contract, maintaining SLA’s, review and change work processes as required
- Monitor and assess that the workflow system is utilised effectively
- Arrange freelance/temp cover if required
- Ensure projects in the studio are delivered on time and budget
We always support colleagues to develop their skills but to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to tick most of these boxes...
You will also need:
- Experience in the same or similar role with substantial experience of working in a deadline-driven (ideally creative) environment
- Previous experience as a studio manager preferable
- Exceptional organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects
- Systematic and logical in approach
- Exceptional communication skills
- Experience of working in teams and driving efficiency
- Supportive and motivating, encouraging communication, creating a participative and involved atmosphere
- The ability to utilise management systems to accurately assess workflow and identify bottlenecks.
- A strong grasp of project controls; budget monitoring, status reporting, risk and change management and production arrangement
- Interest in creative work desirable
Before you go...
Thanks for reading our job advert. We’ve tried to bring to life what it’s like working as part of Wilmington Plc but we do so much that it’s tough to distil into a single page. We also recognise that sometimes people can be put off applying for a job unless they think they match every requirement. Don’t let that hold you back. If you are excited about the role and think you can do much of what we have described but aren’t sure if you are quite who we’re looking for… give it a try. Nothing ventured nothing gained!
"We are committed to equality, equality of opportunity and valuing diversity"
- Creative Designer
- Creative Manager
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'