Studio Manager- Based Ashford, Kent
Brakes, Europe’s leading foodservice supplier, is looking for an enthusiastic and energetic creative Studio Manager to help us deliver bigger and better things. This is an exciting opportunity to be a key player in taking our creative and marketing department to the next level.
The department is a fast paced environment with multiple briefs coming in daily from across the business. The Studio Manager will need to stay on top of who’s doing what and when, deadlines, deliverables and what each brief requires.
The main focus of the role is to ensure the studio is running at maximum efficiency through strong project management, organising workloads, implementing procedures and being a point of contact between the designers and internal stakeholders across multiple sites.
As a brand custodian the Studio Manager will also ensure that all creative designs adhere to Brakes brand guidelines.
Working closely with the head of creative and other team members, projects may include: conceptual ideas, brand development, campaign creation, advertising, exhibition design, websites, social media assets, HTML, printed publications and sales support collateral.
• Review daily work schedules of the studio and project management team
• Update Studio schedules regularly, keeping all stakeholders informed about project status
• Create workflow structures to ensure work is delivered on time
• Ensure all briefs are distributed in the Studio based on individuals’ strengths and skills
• Produce a monthly management report documenting performance and delivery
• Act as project manager on a variety of projects
• Ability to liaise with external print and digital suppliers
• Work with stakeholders to develop project briefs
• Manage annual leave of the creative team
Required skills and experience
• Warm, positive attitude
• Demonstrate an understanding of the time and skills required to deliver creative work
• Ability to multi task
• Ability to communicate clearly and with authority at senior level
• Good understanding of various print processes
• Efficient verbal and written communication skills
• Resilience and a sense of humour
• Excellent organisational and project management skills
• Exceptional relationship management skills
• Ability to meet deadlines in a busy and demanding environment, whilst motivating a team
• Meticulous attention to detail and possess problem-solving skills
• Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite is desirable but not essential
• Must have experience of Creative Studio management
This is an office based role in Ashford, Kent.
Brakes Group is committed to reducing the environmental impact the business has on both the communities it serves and the countries it operates in. It has ISO 14001 accreditation - an internationally recognised standard for environmental performance.
Brakes Group operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Brakes UK uses a third party to undertake a number of checks. Any offer of employment made by Brakes UK would be conditional upon receiving a satisfactory; reference, identity document(s), basic DBS certificate and basic credit check.