Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Creative Mid-Weight Interior Designer for workplace D & B to join their Design team based in Birmingham. You will be on a full time permanent contract, with a highly competitive salary of £30,000 - £35,000 per annum.
Our client is a leading UK specialist in contemporary commercial interior design, build and office fit-out of 30 years standing. From concept through to project completion their workplace consultants, professional designers and office fit-out experts work directly with clients to transform workplace productivity and aesthetic appeal.
Headquartered in Nottingham and with an office in Birmingham City Centre, they have a portfolio of international blue chip clients including Jaguar Land Rover, Adidas and 02. They have in-depth sector expertise spanning the Private and Public Sectors and covering specialist areas including retail interiors, R & D laboratory design, manufacturing and engineering environments, Corporate Headquarters and office space and specialist healthcare interiors.
About the Role
As their CreativeMid-Weight Interior Designer you will be reporting directly to a Senior Designer, the candidate will be required to produce creative interior design proposals for market leading brands and businesses mainly with the workplace market. The position requires you to integrate yourself within existing design and local teams, adding to a collaborative and creative office community.
Communication both internally, and at client level, is key to ensuring you have a level of ownership throughout projects, with the position encouraging a involvement from project conception to completion.
As part of the role they hope that there will be a natural enthusiasm to help develop the Birmingham design offering, and bring new perspectives on how design can support their clients as effectively as possible
Their ideal Commercial Interior Designer will have the below skills and experience:
- 3 years min experience interior and architectural design with essential proven experience in workplace design
- Bachelor degree in Interior Design or Architecture
- Highly organized and efficient to keep up with the pace of the office and D & B Fastrack industry
- Proven ability of working within determined budgets with good commercial understanding of FF&E
- Knowledge and understanding of regulations and standards connected with the workplace and commercial interior design
- Preparing and developing design presentations and proposals for clients (under the direction of a senior designer)
- Creative, innovative approach to concept design and ability to articulate this to the project teams and clients
- Collaborative with good interpersonal skills and strong team player essential
- Strong sketching and visualization skills required
- Proficient in Autocad
- 3d studio max
- Client management skills + project running ability
- Experience working within a Design & Build business desirable but not essential
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as their Commercial Interior Designer then please click ‘apply’ now! They would love to hear from you!