As our Creative Direction Manager you will provide Creative Direction in the form of creative concept briefs, inspirational speech writing, brand positioning advice, and creative and cultural insight to support Selfridges’ business strategy.
KNOW THE ROLE
As our Creative Direction Manager you will provide creative concept briefs, brand positioning advice, and creative and cultural insight to support Selfridges’ business strategy. You will also be an excellent creative copywriter with the ability to write inspirational speeches, compelling briefs and reports.
The role involves in-depth cultural and creative research and global travel as well as frequent presentation of research and conceptual ideas. You will also be involved in the writing of inspirational speeches that position Selfridges at the leading edge of retail. Our Creative Direction team provides direction for all creative outputs across the digital and physical realm. These outputs include creative schemes, architecture and environment, customer and team experience, transformational programmes, brand awareness, and ‘look and feel’ art direction. Furthermore, in this busy role you will be promoting, upholding and evolving the brand vision and purpose.
KNOW WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Ability to work in a high-paced environment to tight deadlines, as well as manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent copy writing skills with ability to formulate an argument from research and structure into speech format.
- A creatively driven and passionate person with a professional and confident manner
- Ability to present to senior leaders including executive board, in a confident and appropriate manner.
- Ability to influence teams and individuals at a high level within the organisation with an intuitive, strategic approach.
- Confident to express opinion and provide direction and guidance within meetings and other teams.
- Excellent computer presentation skills on Mac, using Powerpoint and Adobe Creative Suite. Web and digitally savvy.
- Confidential and discreet
- Highly organised with an ability to develop and work to processes and deadlines
- Outgoing and sociable
- Flexible, team player
- Keen interest in creative and popular culture, the arts and social anthropology.
- BA /MA graduate in art, design, fashion, journalism or related creative field.
KNOW WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
Extraordinary experiences are not only for customers, but team members too. We offer all team members the chance to be a part of something unique where they can enjoy careers that provide inspiring experiences, exciting challenges and great benefits.
They also know that Selfridges is committed to developing its talent, which allows for a wide scope of amazing opportunities as the business continues to grow. Whether you are a Values Ambassador, Green Warrior, a member of the Work it Lab or you get your fix for fashion by taking part in our internal shows, there are many ways to show and develop your talent.
Living our Values is essential to the way we work day to day, encouraging greater social responsibility amongst our team members. From our Project Ocean campaign to Bright Young Things, we are focused on a long term approach to sustainability by buying better and inspiring change.
This role’s key benefits includes 30 days holiday including bank holidays, potential for performance related bonus, subsidised gym membership offer, season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme, pension contribution and not to mention a generous staff discount!
THE SELFRIDGES STORY
Selfridges is a shop run on imagination: a place where the world’s most covetable brands combine with the most extraordinary spectacles, events and ideas for an experience like no other. The story began when Harry Gordon Selfridge first arrived in London from Chicago in 1906 with his heart set on opening his dream store. With his revolutionary understanding of publicity and the theatre of retail, Selfridges Oxford Street opened its doors for the first time in 1909. The founder’s spirit of innovation and creativity lives on through its owners today. Since 2003, W. Galen Weston and his family have owned and operated the business, which now includes two stores in Manchester, one in Birmingham, plus selfridges.com and the Selfridges App which both deliver to over 130 countries. In 2016 Selfridges was the first ever store to be awarded the title of ‘World’s Best Sustainability Campaign by a Department Store’ at the IGDS Global Department Store Summit, in-line with its focus on buying better and inspiring change. For an unprecedented three consecutive occasions in a row (2010, 2012 & 2014) Selfridges also won the coveted ‘Best Department Store in the World’ award, underlining its place at the forefront of retail.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job