City of London
09.00 - 17.30
Our client, an international training firm specialising in financial services, is recruiting for a bright, dynamic and ambitious Desktop Publisher to join their friendly Creative Services team. This position is based in their central City offices just a stone’s throw from Bank tube station
The working hours for this new permanent position will be 9am - 5:30pm on a full-time basis. This position will be an integral role within the company which will involve producing on brand marketing materials to a high standard, using MS Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint as well as design packages such as InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
This position will involve producing high-calibre documents and materials, which could include training materials, sales collateral, digital publishing and marketing material (such as website, brochures etc.). Alongside this the position will include ensuring the firm has an efficient content management system and process in place to keep everything organised and easily accessible.
A corporate background and understanding is desirable for this position as the clients include the world’s leading investment banks, insurance companies and asset managers. With offices internationally, their coverage is global coverage and delivered across more than 20 countries.
This is a really exciting role offering a huge amount of opportunity for growth and scope within the firm. They are looking for someone who will have an impact and creative input on the way the firm is represented through its collateral. In return for your expertise, you will have many opportunities for development and progression in this role.
- A passion for material production and design.
- A desire to introduce new ideas and the ability to implement change.
- A positive attitude and to actively seek to support the team whereverpossible.
- Problem solver and ability to train others.
- Excellent knowledge of basic HTML, basic Wordpress, MS Office, specifically PowerPoint / Word templates and Adobe CSS applications: InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- A positive and proactive person with a keen desire to learn
- Understanding of content management systems - e.g. Slide source and video editing systems e.g. Camtasia.
- Formatting training materials across the firm’s portfolio of local and global training Programmes. (workbooks, posters, brochures)
- Updating images to suit style and keep up to date for various documents with the ability to offer conceptual and visual solutions to enhance client materials.
- Ensuring any issues, queries or changes are managed and actioned. Troubleshooting and problem-solve document or file issues.
- Liaising directly with workflow staff and clients to determine deadlines, job instructions and design requirements.
- Contributing towards the development of digital assets for the firm’s website. Updating and editing website images, icons, banners, staff pictures
- Developing policies relating to web content. Creating style guide for alpha portal system. Basic html guidelines to ensure when others upload text to portal, that it is consistent or in line with guidelines.
- Video creation and editing.
- Managing company CMS, working with product team to ensure it is meeting the needs of organization.
- Managing content so that it is organised. Removing unnecessary duplication and enabling easy access for the wider team.
- Applying cataloguing protocols, e.g. tagging, categorisations, notes etc.
- Working closely with the marketing team to devise a content strategy that aligns with the company's wider goals.
- Establishing standards for material production to be applied with all material authors. This includes a communication plan/template to stakeholders.
- Building a network of DTP’s or outsourcing companies.
- Implementing new processes and system for content management and ensure compliance.
- Managing and delegating work appropriately and advising where budget is necessary.
- Managing overflow to outsourced resources if needed.
- Managing project team to implement new content management system. Ensure project team are accountable for actions and timelines and budgets are kept to.
- Reviewing lifecycle process, identifying gaps for improvement and implement new process.
Perks and benefits
28 days holiday, season ticket loan, gym membership contribution, Cycle to work scheme, Childcare Vouchers and private medical cover - after one year of service.
If this amazing opportunity to work for a multinational financial firm with fantastic benefits package and excellent development fits your job search and can work the hours between 09.00am - 17.30pm then please send your CV to Gemma Grima-Brown at HYF today.
It is HYF's policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you.
HYF is a Recruitment Agency and is advertising this contract vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.
- Desktop Publishing
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job