A great opportunity for an experienced artworker / graphic designer in a fast-growing ecommerce business. A key position within the Marketing Department, this role is vital in helping to deliver offline and online collateral to support the inbound marketing strategy, for a leading provider to the B2B and B2C markets. Working across both digital and print media, 'brand guardianship’ will also form a key part of this role as we look to roll out - and then maintain - a new brand identity.
In a nutshell, what are you like?
A skilled and experienced artworker/graphic designer, you are an enthusiastic and positive 'creative’ and comfortable with the absence of the structures and formal processes common to larger organisations. Diligent and thorough, with exceptional attention-to-detail, you have a love of design and a real talent for creating impactful, emotionally engaging material - both digitally and offline. Skilled with image manipulation, you are exceptionally good at working with design packages (such as Adobe Creative Cloud) to enhance or manipulate images.
What are your key responsibilities?
You will be responsible for delivering the creative direction of two major brands online and offline, switching between design direction and hands-on production
Specifically, you will develop relevant and engaging digital and print materials that are used across all channels to target customer segments and:
• assist in the continuous development of ecommerce sites with UI designs and wireframes for desktop, tablet and mobile websites and apps
• undertake the regular creative production of:
o digital assets for multiple brands including web banners, emails, product images and videos
o all marketing materials including catalogues, direct mail, sales packs and product packaging
• liaise with external agents providing web development, photography, design and print services
Ideal experience needed…
• 2+ years relevant industry experience
• strong portfolio showing highly polished creative across digital and print media
• print and layout experience essential
• strong grasp of commercial design concepts
• relevant degree ideal, but not essential with strong experience.
• Expert in Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop)
• Catalogue production
• Knowledge of online UI design principles for all device types
• Strong time management and planning skills, with a high degree of proactivity and organisation
• Typographic skills
• HTML/CSS knowledge
• Video editing
• High literacy, with the ability to produce top quality written content
What’s the package?
This is an exciting opportunity to further your career in a forward-thinking company with a clear development and growth path. You will be rewarded with a competitive salary and attractive bonus scheme, as well as benefits such as free onsite parking and an employee discount across all products. Hours are 9am - 5.30pm, Monday to Friday, based in Milton Keynes.
1. Do you have more than 2 years’ experience in an artworker or graphic design role?
2. Are you an expert user of Adobe Creative Suite?
3. Have you personally produced more than 3 catalogue-type pieces?
4. Are you skilled in 'photoshopping’ imagery?
5. Are you experienced in using WordPress?
If you can answer yes to all of the above then why not apply?
- Adobe Photoshop
- Graphic Design
- Catalogue Production