JOB TITLE: Crane Mechanic
IMMEDIATE MANAGER: Maintenance Supervisor/ Depot Manager
LIAISE WITH: Maintenance Supervisor, Mechanics, Drivers, Crane Operatives, Operation Managers, Suppliers
Responsible for the maintenance, repair and breakdown attendance of vehicles, heavy transport and mobile cranes within the Ainscough fleet, as directed by the Maintenance Supervisor and Depot Manager so that the company’s ability to meet agreed service levels and standards in a timely manner can be achieved and maintained.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES/ MAIN DUTIES
- Perform routine maintenance and repairs on vehicles, heavy transport and mobile cranes within the Ainscough fleet.
- To follow DVSA roadworthiness standards and procedures.
- Respond appropriately to unexpected situations requiring attendance to roadside breakdown or on-site repairs, etc.
- Establish and maintain effective communication with maintenance and operational teams to ensure feedback is received, understood and action taken if necessary
- Accurately maintain service records detailing all faults, repairs, actions and service dates etc.
- To work accurately to the company procedures, standards and OE recommendations ensuring efficiency in all activities.
- Secure necessary materials and parts for the work in good time, ordering/ chasing from supplier’s if necessary
- Train and mentor others as needed e.g. new members of staff
- Continually seek to improve the way in which the role operates within the business to achieve its objectives
- Undertake other duties that management may reasonably request
- Comply fully with the company QHSE, 5S and 'Make the Safe Choice’ approach
- Comfortable working to strict deadlines and high pressure situation
- Nationwide travel may be required to support other depots
- Relevant qualifications e.g. City and Guilds or NVQ Level 3.
- Competent in mechanical, pneumatic and electrical repairs and diagnostics incl. suspension and steering systems
- Be able to work well on own initiative and with others as part of a team
- Experienced in working within a controlled environment in accordance with Health and Safety policies and procedures
- An effective communicator able to liaise with various internal and external contacts
- Flexible with regards to working hours and locations, sometimes requiring weekends and overnight stays.
- Holds a valid driving licence
- A willingness to learn and attend training courses.
- Experience on heavy haulage trailers and associated plant
- Basic IT computer skills