Title: Senior CPO & Regeneration Surveyor / Associate
The role is within the Compulsory Purchase team, part of the Development group based in London.
Key projects currently include mixed-use regeneration projects across London and the south-east, estate renewal schemes, infrastructure schemes, and advising owners and occupiers affected by a variety of schemes.
The role requires a qualified surveyor, ideally with experience of land assembly and compulsory purchase. The person will provide clear compulsory purchase advice to guide acquiring authorities, developers and those affected by compulsory purchase throughout the process. The role frequently involves drawing together and coordinating advice from other teams within GL Hearn or specialist advisers appointed by the client.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
This individual will assist the Head of Compulsory Purchase and other team members in advising clients to achieve their objectives. They will be involved in site assembly and compulsory purchase projects from conception through Order promotion to taking possession and negotiating compensation.
Main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Preparing estimates of compensation payable
- Advising on compulsory purchase process and procedure/timescales
- Pre-CPO site assembly negotiations
- Assessing and agreeing compensation claims on behalf of acquiring authority
- Preparing and negotiating compensation claims on behalf of claimants
- Working with development, planning, financial consulting and other teams to deliver integrated client advice
- Assisting with Lands Tribunal and Public Inquiry preparation as required
- Managing clients /projects (dependent on experience)
The Surveyor/Senior Surveyor will be expected to build and maintain good relationships with clients, and a network of other professionals involved in compulsory purchase.
Measures of good performance:
A person who is proactive in undertaking their own work and seeking answers to technical matters that arise, works well both within a team and individually , can produce well-written reports covering technical matters, is able to articulate their thoughts well in negotiations.
Knowledge and skills required:
The successful candidate will be a Chartered Surveyor. They must possess and/or be able to demonstrate:
- Good written and verbal communication skills;
- Good presentation skills;
- Numerate and analytical;
- Strong negotiation skills;
- An interest in the legal and technical areas of surveying;
A candidate with CPO experience is preferred but not essential providing they have an interest in learning CPO and have had some exposure. Wider planning/development/valuation experience would also be beneficial.
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.