Covid Welfare and Support Team Case Worker
Do you want to be part of a team that is key in the fight against Covid 19 and contribute to keeping Hampshire Safe?
This is working from home
We are looking for people to join our team. We are part of the Adult Health and Care Department and work closely with colleagues in the Public Health service. Initially successful candidates will be contracted for 6 months.
You will be working in a fast paced environment where processes can change overnight, so you will need to be adaptable and flexible.
Successful candidates will be expected to work weekends on a rota basis. We are also open on bank holidays. Our current operating hours are M-F 9-5 and weekends 1000-1500*.
*weekend working is on a rota basis and as required. Operating hours may change depending on demand.
This is a home based role. Equipment will be provided, but you must be able to work in an appropriate environment with suitable equipment - e.g. Desk, Chair.
The Covid 19 Welfare and Support Team operate across several work streams. Currently our workstreams include:
- Test and Trace
- Zero Vaccination
- Coronavirus Support Line
- Support to the Adult Health and Care contact Centre (CART - Contact, Assessment and Resolution Team.
We are looking for professionals from a Customer Service background. A background in Social Care would be an advantage - but not essential, as we will provide full training and support.
You will be making contact with customers who have tested as Covid Positive, who the National Test and Trace team have not been able to contact. Your role will be to help these customers understand the importance of sharing their contact details and locations with us to help stop the spread of Covid 19.
You will also work on our Coronavirus Support line, answering general enquiries from customers relating to Coronavirus or asking for coronavirus related advice.
You will also carry out a range of activities to identify the client's needs, provide information, advise, signpost and support people to find positive outcomes.
Our service also supports the Adult Health and Care contact team, dealing with a range of general and finance enquiries.
Core Skills and requirements
- an excellent telephone manner and techniques, dealing with both inbound and outbound calls
- be able to demonstrate good experience of dealing with difficult conversations or situations
- an empathetic manner and be able to work under pressure
- be IT literate - including, good keyboard skills and the ability to "type and talk" when helping our customers
- have the ability to follow scripts and clear defined guidelines - whilst being able to use your initiative when the situation arises
- have the ability to ask for help/advice from colleagues
- be able to remain calm in sometimes challenging circumstances
- Customer contact is via telephone, email and not face to face
- As a virtual team, we work to a "camera on" during meetings etc.
- Depending on service demand we sometimes operate a weekend on call rota. You will be paid an on call rate, but must be available if called in for work.
- PC equipment will be delivered to you.
- You will undergo initial 3-4 days of training (virtual)
- If you are part time, you will be expected to attend training on the days set, which may not be your normal working day.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Criminal Records Check.
Connect2Hampshire, part of Hampshire & Kent Commercial Services LLP, is an equal opportunities Employment Agency & Business and positively encourages applications from all suitably qualified and eligible candidates.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'