Do you want to gain experience before qualifying as a Teacher?
Cover Supervisors cover short term periods of absence by the class Teacher. They play a vital role in schools and the role should not be taken lightly, but this can be a rewarding job and valuable experience in the classroom for those with teaching ambitions.
The Cover Supervisor's main job is to manage a classroom, ensuring that students remain on task with the work they have been set. This requires no active teaching, marking, planning etc.
Typical work includes:
- Oversee the completion of work that has been set
- Provide students with a positive learning environment to aid student progress
- Managing students behaviour in accordance with school policy
- Report performance, behaviour and achievement at the end of the lesson
A 'Good' Cover Supervisor will possess the following:
- Excellent behaviour and classroom management skills
- Be able to deliver lessons to a high standard
- Be patient, calm and work well under pressure
- Be creative, flexible and approachable
- Be organised and able to follow direction
- Be resourceful and able to think on their feet
- Be punctual when arriving at school and for individual lessons.
- Can communicate confidently and effectively with students and other staff
The Education Network is committed to Safer Recruitment and recruits to APSCo Compliance+ standards. Any appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check in addition to other safeguarding checks. The Education Network is an equal opportunities employer. The Education Network is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy.
Due to the expected high-volume of applications we receive only short-listed candidates will be contacted within 3 days.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job