Are you looking for flexible work in a secondary school that fits around your lifestyle?
Do you live in Stoke-on-Trent or the Cheshire East?
Due to the recent demand from our partnership secondary schools, Academics are now looking to recruit enthusiastic and confident secondary Cover Supervisors.
What is a Cover Supervisor?
Cover Supervisors (also known as Unqualified Teachers) are used in secondary schools to provide cover for a class when a teacher is not available. They are employed on a flexible and day-to-day basis to ensure that a teacher can have time away from the classroom to carry out other duties (planning, assessment, or training days). They may also cover lessons for teachers who are away from school due to sickness or for other absences.
If you are looking to get into teaching and you wish to build on your current experience of working with young people in a secondary school setting, becoming a Cover Supervisor is a great and ideal opportunity to utilise your communication and behaviour management skills.
As an Academics Cover Supervisor, you will have:
- A positive can do attitude to respond to busy schools. Calls for work can be from 7:00am in the morning!
- Able to get to schools in Stoke-on-Trent or the Cheshire East by 8.30am with 30-60 minutes notice.
- Can work flexible between Monday to Friday. Usual working hours are between 8.30am-3.30pm
- Hold a current Enhanced DBS that is registered with the Update Service or to be prepared to apply for a new DBS with ourselves (cost applied).
We welcome applications from candidates with experience of:
- Working as a Teaching Assistant in Primary, Secondary or SEN schools.
- Sports Coaching/Youth work.
- Leadership in Scouts/Guides/Brownies/Cubs/Rainbows.
- Teaching abroad, teaching adults, or tutoring.
All qualifications and experience will be considered as well as confident graduates with experience of working with young people.
If you are interested in flexible Cover Supervisor roles and you have the relevant experience of working with young people click 'APPLY NOW' today to submit your most up to date CV for this exciting role!
What our Cover Supervisors say about us!
"I joined Academics at an interesting time, mid-lockdown, but the enthusiasm and professionalism displayed by every member of staff I have interacted with so far is incredibly refreshing. They have been able to provide me with plenty of work to meet my requirements for flexibility and this will allow me to support myself through my Master's degree. I'm looking forward to a long association with them and have already recommended them to friends." - Edward
- Cover Supervisor
- Secondary Schools
- Daily Supply
- Unqualified Teacher
- Unqualified Teachers
- Daily Cover
- Supply Cover Teacher
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'