Destination Education are working alongside a number of excellent London based Secondary Schools, who require cover supervisors on an on-going basis.
The main role of a cover supervisor is to manage a classroom, ensuring that students remain on task with the work they have been set by an absent teacher. As a cover supervisor your role and responsiblities will include:
- Covering lessons in the absence of the timetabled teacher
- Supervising the delivery of the cover work by effectively communicating the work set to students
- Ensuring that the required resources needed in order to effectively deliver the covered lessons are available
- Managing the behaviour of pupils whilst they are undertaking set work to ensure a positive learning environment
- Responding to any questions from pupils about process and procedures
- Dealing with any immediate problems or emergencies in accordance with school policy and procedures
- Collecting completed work after lesson and returning it to the appropriate teacher
- Reporting back as appropriate, using the school's standard procedures on the behaviour of pupils during the class, and any issue arising.
Cover supervisor roles offer a fantastic opportunity for individuals looking to gain teaching and classroom experience before completing a PGCE.
As a cover supervisor you will need to be:
- highly adaptable as there is no regular timetable
- be confident, organised and at times, diplomatic
- patient, flexible, creative with a good sense of humour
You will need to demonstrate that you have:
- experience of working with seconday aged children
- the ability to manage groups of children and cope with challenging behaviour
- the ability to build good relationships with children, teachers, parents and carers
- a knowledge of the national curriculum for KS3 and KS4
- the ability to work as part of a team
- good reading, writing and numeracy skills
- good IT skills
To apply for a role as a cover supervisor for Destination Education, please apply now or send your CV - alternatively please call Reiss on .
- Cover Supervisor; KS3; KS4; KS5; Supply; Temporary; Teacher; Secondary School;
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job