Are you thinking of joining the teaching profession? Do you need a little bit more experience to enrol onto the P.G.C.E. course? If so, then this could be the position that you are waiting for.
We have been asked by an excellent school based in the Wigan area to source a Cover Supervisor to work at their establishment. The client itself, is a high achieving school, offering education to students between the ages of 11 and 18. The school is renowned in the area as being a good school. Academic results have yet again been excellent. The ethos of the school is one that promotes and nurtures every students ability, bringing the best out of each and every student. If you are wanting to gain more experience of how a secondary school operates then this school would give the successful applicant and excellent insight.
As a Cover Supervisor, what would I be expected to do? The main responsibility of the Cover Supervisor is to ensure that pupils complete their set work within their lesson. The lessons can be varied and there will be a lot of different subjects that the successful applicant will cover. This is a great way of seeing whether the teaching world could be for you.
In order to be considered for this job role it is important that :
- You possess a degree or the educational equivalent
- You have experience of working with children within a classroom based in environment. This is desirable but not essential
- You have a calm and balanced attitude when dealing with discipline issues. A firm but fair approach is required
- You have an aspiration of becoming a qualified teacher
- You possess excellent organisational skills and have a flexible approach and outlook
The position will commence 26th February and will be on a full time basis, Monday to Friday( 08.30 - 15.00). Pay will be dependant on scale, experience and ability ranging from £55 to £70 per day. If you would like to discuss this position further then please contact Tony at Bespoke Education Ltd