CER are working together with Liverpool based College which delivers secondary level education to students that have Special Educational Needs. The school is based within a leafy residential suburb but offers excellent transport links and parking.
What is it like to be a Cover Supervisor?
Working as a cover supervisor can be extremely rewarding. however there is a high level of responsibility. There is always a teacher close at hand if needed. Schools may require the support of cover supervision to oversee a lesson but on occasions where they are not needed for cover, they might also be released to provide additional support to teachers in other classrooms.The role of a Cover Supervisor includes:
- Undertaking whole class supervision in the absence of the class teacher, delivering work previously prepared by the teacher;
- Applying the schools behaviour management policy and report any difficulties to the class teacher/head teacher;
- Undertaking observations of the pupils and contribute to pupil records;
- Supervising the work of the Teaching Assistant;
- Providing full lesson notes on pupil behaviour and progress for the class teacher
Working as a Cover Supervisor is an excellent opportunity for those who wish to go into teaching. It provides the opportunity to gain valuable classroom based experience and work on implementing the schools behavioural policies and becoming aware of differentiation throughout a classroom setting.
This role also lends itself well to experienced Teaching Assistants.
If you would like to discuss this role further, please call Jemma Howson at CER on or send your CV
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job