Becoming a cover supervisor is a great way to gain classroom experience and build on your career in education!
What is the difference between a Teacher and a Cover Supervisor?
A cover supervisor is an unqualified teacher or TA that can go into a classroom and ensure that the work left by the full time teacher is completed. You have no planning or marking to complete nor do you have to deliver any lesson plans or use any of the classroom apparatus.
A little bit about Class People
As the largest independent supply agency in the South West, we work with some of the best schools in the county and have a variety of day-to-day positions in some fantastic schools based in and around Gloucestershire.
At Class People our ethos is based on ‘teachers working for teachers’. Many members of our team are qualified and experienced teachers and are on hand to provide advice, guidance and support to all our candidates. We aim to match the right teachers up with the right schools and provide the opportunity to work in a variety of school settings.
To be eligible for these posts you must be:
- An unqualified teacher or TA
- Enthusiastic and passionate individual who is confident in secondary schools
- Flexible and adaptable person who is looking to be a part of a strong team
- Willingness to embrace the full culture of the school and to become an integral part of Class People
As a member of the Class People Supply Team you will benefit from:
- Competitive rates of pay
- Support of a dedicated consultant
- Work in your local area
- Opportunity to attend a training session on ‘Job applications, Lesson Observations and Interview techniques’ led by a well-respected Head teacher within the county
- Continued Professional Development training in local schools
- Regular social evenings
If you are currently looking for day to day, long term or a permanent role, please do not hesitate to contact Tom for further discussions or email