Cover Supervisor required Academics - Daily work to start immediately
Are you looking to work in a secondary school?
Are you available at short notice for daily work?
Or are you looking at some variety in your working life?
Perhaps you're trying to get some experience for Teacher Training?
Do you want to make a difference in children's lives?
If you've answered yes to these questions, then we may have an exciting opportunity in our Wirral secondary schools.
My schools are seeking the skills and knowledge of an outstanding individual to help them with the delivery of daily lessons as a Cover Supervisor to take over from teaching and support staff when they have a planned or unplanned absence.
The role will include:
* Take lead in the absence of the teacher
* Conduct pre-planned lessons
* Encourage learning
* Managing the behaviour within the classroom
* Managing handover back to the teacher
As an Academics day Cover Supervisor you will need:
* 6 weeks experience in an environment working with children or teenagers
* Someone who can complete a reference to account for your experience of working with children
* A positive can do attitude to respond to busy schools
* Able to get to schools in Warrington by 8.30am with 30 minutes notice
We welcome applications from people with experience of:
* Working as a Teaching assistant in primary, Secondary or SEN schools
* Sports coaching
* Youth work
* Drama Workshop / drama school/ theatre in education
* Art workshop
* Working in Sunday schools, mosques or synagogue schools
* After school club
* Summer Camp
* Scouts/Guides/Brownies /Cubs/Rainbows
* Outdoor activities instructor / Duke of Edinburgh/ orienteering with young people
The main role of the Cover Supervisor is to cover the delivery of the lessons for classes in the event of teachers' absences, planned or otherwise. You will oversee the completion of set work and manage the behaviour of pupils in the absence of the teaching staff. You will need to be a confident and organised individual. The role of Cover Supervisor is perfect for a Graduate who is looking for a career in Teaching and may be building up their classroom experience before a PGCE/School Direct application.
If this sounds like a role that suits you, then please APPLY TODAY!
All cover supervisors are subject to standard safeguarding and employment checks including a face to face interview and DBS check. Academics Ltd is an employment business.
- Cover Supervisor