Principal Resourcing are currently seeking to appoint a Cover Supervisor to work under the guidance of teaching staff and the cover manager and support pupils in a Scarborough based school.
Duties for this Cover Supervisor will include the supervision of pupils in the short term absence of teachers. The appointed Cover Supervisor needs to be comfortable covering a variety of subjects across KS3 and KS4. They will have excellent communication skills, be able to work on their own initiative and should have a minimum qualification of 5 GCSE’s. The role is due to start in January 2019.
As a Cover Supervisor you will be expected to do the following:
- To supervise whole classes in the absence of the class teacher
- Interpret and deliver planned work whilst differentiating, assessing and managing class behavior effectively
- Supervise pupils engaged in learning activities and ensure that all work is completed to an acceptable standard
- Work effectively under the guidance of the cover manager and teaching staff
- Respond to pupil’s enquiries and provide feedback to the returning teacher
This Cover Supervisor will have:
- A minimum qualification of 5 GCSE’s
- The ability to relate well to young people
- Evidence of good classroom control and the ability to deal calmly with different situations as and when they arise
- Good interpersonal skills as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to be a proactive team member, committed to raising standards and achievement
- A current DBS registered with the Update Service or a DBS done through Principal Resourcing
- NQTs are very welcome to apply to gain experience
Principal Resourcing are the market leaders in the region with over 40 years of collective experience working alongside the schools in the local area, providing both short and long term solutions for their recruitment needs. Therefore, we will be able to give you the opportunity to see a variety of School settings, enabling you to network your way to a longer-term or permanent position. Alternatively, you may simply enjoy the day-to-day role of a cover supervisor, working on a flexible basis that suits your current situation; working when, where and how often can be completely up to you!
What we will offer to the Cover Supervisor:
- Highly supportive, committed and hardworking Consultants who will endeavor to find assignments suited to your needs specific to your Local Authority
- An opportunity to extend your professional development with FREE iTOL accredited CPD courses available
- A stimulating and supportive working and learning environment
- Rewarding and competitive rates of pay
- A great range of opportunities to work in a variety of local schools of your choice
- 'Recommend a Friend’ bonus
- A wealth of Education experience in branch to provide you with industry knowledge, career advice and CV assistance
Principal Resourcing is an Education Recruitment Business having sought agreement from their clients to find candidates for these roles, in accordance with the Employment Agencies and Employment Business Regulations Act 2003.
Principal Resourcing is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Appointments will be subject to our stringent vetting procedures, including an enhanced DBS check and references.
We are proud to be REC Audited Education Status with the GOLD standard for recruitment.
We look forward to hearing from you. Please apply now with your CV and our team will be in touch with you shortly.
Please note that if you have not heard from us within two weeks, your application has been unsuccessful.
- Secondary Education
- Secondary School
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'