I am currently recruiting for a cover supervisor on behalf of a large 11 - 16 school in Lytham. The school offers an excellent working environment for all of its staff and is pupils and is seen as a focal point of the community. For these role you will be required to be ready and on standby in the mornings to cover teacher absence. This school has a fantastic team ethos, are very welcoming and supportive and provide great development opportunities for their staff.
Randstad Education have cover supervisor & teaching assistant vacancies for secondary schools in the Lytham St Annes area on a regular basis. The schools we supply staff to continually require cover during the school term meaning Randstad Education can offer regular short-term, long-term and day-to-day work all year round. Randstad Education are the preffered supplier for the schools in the Lytham area.
Working as a cover supervisor can be extremely rewarding but also very demanding. There is a high level of responsibility, however, there is always a teacher close at hand if needed.
The role of a Cover Supervisor includes:
- Undertaking whole class supervision in the absence of the class teacher, setting work previously prepared by the teacher
- Developing curricular knowledge as required by the school
- Applying the school's behaviour management policy and report any difficulties to the class teacher/head teacher
- Setting homework previously prepared by the teacher
- Undertaking observations of the pupils and contribute to pupil records
- Supervising the work of the Teaching Assistant
- Abiding by and work towards all the policies within the school e.g. behaviour management, Health & Safety, Equal Opportunities
- Carrying out the above duties in accordance with the Children's Services Department's Equal Opportunities Policy.
We are fully committed to the protection of children. All applicants must undertake a full Enhanced DBS Disclosure.
All applicants must be able to provide references relating to a childcare setting
- Cover Supervisor
- Cover Teacher
- Classroom Support
- Higher Level Teaching Assistant