Job Title: Course Advisor
Reporting to: Marketing Manager
Salary: £18,000 - £26,000 + performance based pay
Hours: Full Time
Job Type: Permanent
As part of the Marketing team, the Course Advisor is a client facing role responsible for advising prospective students about their study options with a major focus in converting these prospects into students; while also providing an excellent level of customer service to current students.
The Course Advisor will report to the Student Recruitment Manager and will be working as part of the Marketing team to recruit students for the various courses offered by the college, be that by answering telephone enquiries, replying to questions via email, or engaging with prospects via any other form of communication which the college may choose to use, such as participating on events, online support chats, website forums, social media profiles, and more.
This position will report directly to the Student Recruitment Manager and is an opportunity best suited to someone who is looking to join an organisation that is in a positive and ambitious growth phase.
The UKCBC is an independent higher education institution with five campuses across London, offering a range of HND courses, as well as professional accounting courses such as the AAT qualification. The College mostly caters to mature students looking to add professional and academic qualifications to their CVs in order to progress in their careers.
Purpose of the Role:
The main purpose of this role is to engage with prospective students to deliver the highest quality of course advice while aiming for high conversion rates; to provide an excellent level of customer service to current students in order to increase the overall level of satisfaction with the College; as well as to support the Marketing team with any support related tasks.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Actively contact prospective students to advise them in their study choices with a focus on converting them into students.
- Maintain detailed records of every interaction made with prospective students using the College’s CRM system while promoting its use inside the Marketing department.
- Be the key respondent to enquiries made via the College online chat service.
- Show the highest level of service when dealing with prospective students and current students by consistently achieving quality targets defined by the Marketing Manager.
- Monitor the Enquires email inbox and respond to enquiries in a promptly manner.
- When required, engage with our target audience in a variety of websites such as online forums, community websites, and questions and answers websites.
- Have full understanding of the courses offered by the UKCBC, their method of delivery and of government funding opportunities where necessary.
- Keep updated about the education sector news, and help keep the Marketing team updated by sharing these in our internal communication system.
- Reporting directly to the Marketing Manager, provide valuable feedback which will be used to help drive decision making in future marketing strategies.
- Work outside of normal working hours when required to provide support to the Marketing team on internal and external events, as well as exhibitions the College participates.
- Assist in the creation of policies, guidelines, and support materials which are going to be used by the course advisory team in order to achieve the highest standard of service.
- Provide support to the Marketing department with eventual ad hoc tasks.
This position requires someone who is highly motivated and driven to achieve conversion targets. In order to be effective in this role, you must be sales oriented. The ideal candidate would have previous experience in a sales position and fantastic communication skills.
- Previous experience working in a B2C/B2B sales position.
- Previous experience working in a B2C/B2B customer service position.
- Understanding the commercial challenges of converting prospects into students.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, you are able to understand the needs of prospective clients, and costumers, and provide the help they need.
- A team player who knows how to share credit for collective achievements, you know that great results can only be achieved when working with a team.
- Results orientated, and can maintain a high level of self-motivation.
- An ability to work with under pressure, while achieving conversion targets.
- Excellent organisational skills, time management, and attention to details.
- You feel right at home using a CRM to manage your client relationships.
- You’re passionate about learning and improving your skills.
- Previous experience or a personal interest for the education industry.
- Experience around engaging users across multiple social media platforms.
- Knowledge and experience working in the accounting industry.
Benefits of the Role:
- A competitive salary negotiable dependent on experience.
- An opportunity to progress in an exciting new role to become an essential part of a new team working towards expanding the company market presence.
- Full Induction Training
- Discounts at Major High Street Retailers
- Employee assistance programme
- Generous holiday scheme - 32 days
- Sales: 1 year
- Higher Education