Freightserve recruitment are looking for and experienced Courier Operations Clerk for a Courier / Freight Company based in the Heathrow area.
- Arrange shipments as per customer instructions and liaise with Overseas offices and relevant other departments to meet required deadline and KPI set by customer.
- Respond to Customer requests within a timely fashion and in a positive and polite manner.
- Ensure all shipments are placed in the system.
- Manage the necessary documentation and online forms for the efficient, cost-effective and lawful execution of all Courier activities, e.g. Manifests, Waybills, HMRC documentation, POD Reports.
- Arrange collections and liaise with Warehouse and Transport Department for distribution of Courier collections and deliveries.
- Provide "collection/delivery notes" and or notification "in writing" of all relevant instructions.
- Liaise with suppliers as necessary regarding cost and service issues.
- Investigate and implement the most cost-effective dispatch of each shipment in accordance with the customers' instructions.
- Negotiate cost effective practice with authorized sub-contractors.
- Ensure the courier bay in the warehouse is kept clean and tidy at all times.
- Monitor shipments and update all tracking information in system daily.
- Label up shipments correctly in warehouse prior to dispatch.
- Handle Warehouse Inventory dispatches within the specified deadlines.
- Ensure each file is closed down and filed away in a timely fashion with all supporting paperwork contained within.
Monday - Friday 0900 - 1800
As an agency we are fast becoming the number one Freight recruitment specialist. We have a fast growing reputation with most Freight related companies. Freightserve has been established since 1992 working within the Freight Forwarding and Shipping industry. Call now to avoid disappointment!!!