Freightserve recruitment are looking for and experienced Courier Operations Clerk for a Courier / Freight Company based in the Heathrow area.
- Arrange shipments as per customer instructions and liaise with Overseas offices and relevant other departments to meet required deadline and KPI set by customer.
- Respond to Customer requests within a timely fashion and in a positive and polite manner.
- Ensure all shipments are placed in the system.
- Manage the necessary documentation and online forms for the efficient, cost-effective and lawful execution of all Courier activities, e.g. Manifests, Waybills, HMRC documentation, POD Reports.
- Arrange collections and liaise with Warehouse and Transport Department for distribution of Courier collections and deliveries.
- Provide "collection/delivery notes" and or notification "in writing" of all relevant instructions.
- Liaise with suppliers as necessary regarding cost and service issues.
- Investigate and implement the most cost-effective dispatch of each shipment in accordance with the customers' instructions.
- Negotiate cost effective practice with authorized sub-contractors.
- Ensure the courier bay in the warehouse is kept clean and tidy at all times.
- Monitor shipments and update all tracking information in system daily.
- Label up shipments correctly in warehouse prior to dispatch.
- Handle Warehouse Inventory dispatches within the specified deadlines.
- Ensure each file is closed down and filed away in a timely fashion with all supporting paperwork contained within.
Monday - Friday 0900 - 1800
As an agency we are fast becoming the number one Freight recruitment specialist. We have a fast growing reputation with most Freight related companies. Freightserve has been established since 1992 working within the Freight Forwarding and Shipping industry. Call now to avoid disappointment!!!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job