Country Accountant - UK & US
Salary: Market Leading
Venator is a leading global chemical company dedicated to the development and manufacture of titanium dioxide pigments and performance additives. It has a broad and versatile portfolio of leading pigments and additives that includes many well-known brand names and industry-leading products. Venator operates 27 facilities and employs more than 4,500 people, which serve customers in more than 110 countries.
An opportunity exists to join Venator at their global headquarters in Wynyard, England. The Country Accountant will deliver financial and compliance-based services to internal customers with an emphasis on UK GAAP, statutory financial statements and taxation issues and, as such, knowledge of local GAAP and taxation is essential. Core responsibilities will include:
- Month-end closing activities for financial accounting in US GAAP
- Annual financial statement preparation for local UK GAAP
- Preparation of consolidated accounts for a UK PLC company for local statutory purposes
- Ensuring all processes meet UK taxation requirements
- Participation in external audit activities
Of graduate calibre in accounting, business or a related discipline, you will be professionally qualified, have several years’ experience in either practice or industry and will have:
- Experience in accounting and general ledger
- UK GAAP reporting experience (particularly preparation of PLC accounts) and taxation knowledge
- Ideally experience in a large scale or PLC environment
- Excellent IT skills with an emphasis on MS Excel and, ideally, SAP
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills allied with a detail-focused mentality
Venator offer an exciting opportunity in a successful global company with a commitment to both personal and professional development. If you feel you have the qualities we seek, please forward your CV and covering letter indicating your current package to our retained partner, Sarah Duckworth, at GEM Partnership or for a discreet conversation call their Newcastle office.
GEM Partnership are acting as an employment agency on this retained project.
- Interpersonal Skills