Counter Fraud Claims Handler-Personal Injury
Up to £26,000 depending on experience.
Barker Munro Recruitment is pleased to be working with a well-known Insurance Company based in Manchester City Centre who are looking for a Counter Fraud Claims Handler to join their busy expanding claims department.
As Counter Fraud Claims Handler your main responsibilities will be:
• Complete investigations into claim fraud cases in order to minimize financial loss to the company. This will include the instruction of external investigation agents and legal advisers from the panel available and the conducting of desktop research. In addition, when required, make recommendations to appoint appropriate advisors out with the panel of advisors.
• Determine appropriate collation and presentation of evidence, in accordance with procedures, regulatory requirements and legislation, to optimize successful action against fraud cases.
• Make recommendations for repudiation of claims or recovery of paid away funds to Senior Investigator / SIU Co-ordinator. Communicate appropriately with claimants and their legal advisers to ensure claim resolution.
• Contribute to cross industry investigations including liaison with other insurers, investigating solicitors, and law enforcement agencies to ensure optimal financial and reputational benefit to company though financial savings and successful fraud prosecutions.
• Contribute to training, workshops and awareness activity across the company to improve fraud management.
• Identify and recommend improvements to working practices to colleagues and ensure the escalation of key issues to the SIU Controller and Fraud Operations Manager.
• Delivery of ad hoc analysis or projects as required by SIU Controller or Fraud Operations Manager.
• Management of a high value caseload within changing and conflicting priorities, whilst still delivering work of consistently high quality.
• Maintain and develop relationships and effective negotiation with other teams and departments to ensure optimisation of fraud procedures, and to ensure open communication.
• Negotiation with claimants and their legal representatives
In order to be considered for the position of Counter Frau Claims Handler you will need to have following experience:
• Proven record of claims handling, with experience of successful claim fraud investigation and / or personal injury claims handling.
• Communication and negotiation skills with experience of effective liaison across claimants, policy holders, internal stakeholders, instructing outsource suppliers and successful engagement with law enforcement.
• Competent interviewer and knowledge of cognitive/conversation management
• Experience of collaboration with law enforcement and / or industry bodies to achieve successful prosecutions. Experience in assembling evidence packs and completion of witness statements for referral to law enforcement advantageous
• Experience of fraud support systems including industry databases, research tools and i2 link charting.
This is a full time permanent position and the working hours are Monday to Friday 9-5.
If you would like to be considered for the position of Counter Fraud Claims Handler and have the relevant experience then please send your CV through to Barker Munro Recruitment using the relevant links provided.
- Personal Injury
- Fraud Claims
- Claims Handling