Counsellor: Eating Disorders
Counsellor/Psychotherapist/Psychologist: Eating Disorders (Adults and Young People)
Talking EDs: Glasgow and West Eating Disorders Support Service seek to recruit a suitable psychotherapist, counsellor or psychologist to join our friendly, supportive team of psychotherapists, counsellors, mental health practitioners and dieticians. We are recruiting for an Affiliate Psychotherapist/Counsellor: Eating Disorders (Adults and Young People) to provide online and face-to-face therapy.
We are looking for someone to see our clients one morning or afternoon per week in the first instance (although other work will be available here and at our other non-eating disorder practices, should you want extra clients ). We do all the admin, getting the clients, arranging appointments, answering enquiries etc. - your role is to provide therapy sessions with the clients we refer to you.
This is a sessional self-employed role, however, you are very much part of a team and your will receive various benefits and discounts as part of your role. We regularly check in with affiliates and you will have access to individual and group supervision, networking events, discounts, updates and more. This is a flexible role that you can fit around your other commitments.
Here's some of the abilities, skills and experiences we are looking for:
* Qualified therapist/counsellor/psychotherapist/psychologist (all modalities considered). We would also like to hear from practitioners with training in DBT too.
* Qualified for at least 4-5 years;
* Experience of working with at least 2 different forms of eating disorder/disordered eating (e.g. BED, AN, BN, compulsive overeating, emotional eating, purging disorder, restrictive eating, orthorexia, NES etc.);
* We are a specialist service, so you must have significant experience working with individuals experiencing difficult relationships with food/eating disorders;
* Preferable that you have worked with over 30 different individual clients experiencing eating disorders or problems with food and eating. Our clients are looking for therapists who have lots of experience working with eating disorders/disordered eating.
* Some additional experience in the fields of eating disorders is desirable (but not essential (e.g. group-work, training, campaigning, support work, research etc.);
* Be willing to work face-to-face and online (Zoom).
* Current professional indemnity insurance, PVG/Disclosure, membership of a counselling/health/psychotherapy/psychology professional body, current ICO Data Protection certificate and HMRC self-employement registration is required.
* Be registered as self-employed with HMRC (or be willing to register for this).
Here's what we can offer:
* Friendly, supportive and encouraging team
* Comfortable working environment within luxury, well-equipped consulting rooms in Glasgow city centre
* Flexible working arrangements that you can fit around other commitments
* Fee annual membership to The CBT'ers Club (and Glasgow and West Eating Disorders Networking Group; discounted clinical supervision (should you wish to work with our supervisor); access to 3-4 free support and supervision groups for affiliates; opportunity to pick up extra client work; invites to events; other opportunities; and referrals from our other two practices, should you want them; support from the team - you are not alone
CLOSING DATE: Monday 10th August 2020, 5pm
Contact us for a Role Description and Application Form or if you have any questions or need any further information information. We look forward to hearing from you.
- Clinical Psychology
- Mental Health
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these similar searches
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'