My client, an international clothing supplier, is looking to recruit an experienced Costume Designer to support and join their buying team. With their warehouse and showroom based in Newton Abbot, they stock their own products as well as a range of items from other well-known UK brands. This company is passionate about what they do so an interest in the arts would be beneficial. This is a varied role and will give you the opportunity to work on costume design and development from conception through to the manufacturing process.
Responsibilities of Costume Designer:
- Work under the direction of Senior Buyer to create costume designs for 2 costume launches a year, aiming to improve the sales and margin.
- Set up design specifications.
- Liaise with manufacturers to request samples, strike offs, fitting sample and to chase updates on status.
- Check samples for design and fit. Develop each design from design sample, fitting sample through to pre-production sample approval in accordance to critical path.
- Competitor research to maintain design intelligence and trend awareness.
- Assist with Senior Management presentation and meetings.
- Assist with product photo shoots and product setup.
Requirements of Costume Designer:
- Exceptional communication skills
- Educated to degree level for Fashion or Costume Design
- Familiar with design software such as Photoshop and Illustrator
- Strong IT skills
- Ideally a minimum of 2 years’ experience working as a designer for fashion, sportswear or similar
- Experience working with overseas suppliers essential
The successful candidate will be highly organised and professional with a flexible approach to work. You should be passionate about design/fashion and be self-motivated. This is a great opportunity with career progression in an exciting and ever-changing industry, so if you feel you have the suitable skills, we would love to hear from you.
Due to a high volume of applications we are unfortunately, unable to respond to everyone. Therefore, if you have not received a response within 3 days please deem your application unsuccessful.
Key words: Costume Design, Fashion Design, Newton Abbot, Design, Fashion, Sportswear, Clothing design
- Costume Design
- Fashion Design
- Textile Design
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job