My highly successful, growing legal Client are now seeking an experienced Costs Fee Earner to join their thriving team based in Bolton.
The role will involve:
- Contact Third Party Insurers/Defendant Solicitors via telephone, email and letters chasing outstanding costs.
- Issue part 8 proceedings if/when necessary.
- Negotiate disbursements with Third Party Insurers/Defendant Solicitors alike.
- Handle a varied case load of costs challenges or costs recoveries with appropriate levels of supervision.
- Handle confidential information in line with the firm's data security protocols.
- To hit, maintain and apply a consistent approach to all individual targets of chargeable time, financial performance and average settlement rates.
Qualifications and Skills
Skills required for this role:
- Confident negotiator and communicator, who can communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in written form.
- IT literate with a good working knowledge of Excel and Word. Previous knowledge or experience of a case management system would be an advantage but is not essential.
- Willingness to follow a process driven system, working within set parameters.
- Ability to work on own initiative without close supervision.
- Able to demonstrate strong team working skills and that they are a flexible and self-motivated team player.
- Have excellent organisational skills and able to effectively prioritise and organise a workload/tasks.
- Experience of working within a pressurised and deadline driven environment with the ability to prioritise work effectively.
- Able to produce work to a high standard, with excellent attention to detail.
- Must be able to work under pressure and with a high volume caseload, to meet required deadlines.
Please apply to Liz at TSR Legal
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'