This is an amazing opportunity to join an in house Costs team dealing with a mix of litigated cases and offering a full range of costs services.
The role itself will include:
- drafting bills and schedules of costs
- formulating offers and negotiating settlements
- drafting cost budgets
- attending cost budgeting hearings
A Legal Costs Assistant should know some of the following documents:
- Precedent H cost budgets
- Precedent R reports
- Formal bills of costs for detailed assessment
- Statements of costs for summary assessment
- Schedules of costs for interim payment applications
- Points of Dispute and Replies in detailed assessment proceedings
- Instructions or Brief to Counsel
- Replies to Points of Dispute
- Witness Statements
The ideal candidate will have…
- experience with Bill of Costs is essential
- Excel skills to intermediate level
- Experience of soliciors in house finance systems including billing and time recording.
- Word skills to intermediate level including formatting and working with tables.
Interested? Please click the 'APPLY' button now!
BCR have more fantastic opportunities for you!
Visit www.bellcornwall.co.uk & follow BCR on Twitter @LoveWorkBeHappy to view all of the latest jobs.
BCR want to make finding a job that you will love as smooth sailing as possible. BCR now offer evening appointments to fit around your working life.
Love Work Be Happy
BCR aim to get back to all applicants within 24 hours however if you have not received a response within this period then please feel free to contact us on at your earliest convenience.
BELL CORNWALL RECRUITMENT
(For the purposes of recruiting for this vacancy Bell Cornwall Recruitment is acting as a recruitment agency. Bell Cornwall Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer who welcomes applications from all age groups)
PA/Executive Assistants, Secretarial, Reception, Administration, Marketing, IT, HR, Law, Finance, Customer Services, Sales
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job