Our Client is offering a unique opportunity for an experienced Costs Draftsman! They are a well established and well known firm based in the North West covering a multitude of legal sectors including Property/ Wills and Probate/ Trust/ PI/Debt Collection/ Clinical negligence.
Your main duty will be drafting Bills of Costs, negotiating and maximising costs received by the firm.
The successful candidate must have at least 3 years experience in Costs be able to demonstrate the following skills and abilities;
- Understanding the standard and indemnity basis of costs. With knowledge of predictive/portal and fixed cost regimes including what costs we are entitled to and at what stage
- Drafting formal Bills of Costs, N252 and advice
- Understanding and utilising case management software and costs drafting software/programs
- Undertaking negotiations and providing "from cradle to grave" service
- Providing quality work on an efficient basis ensuring SLA’s are met
- Attaining and achieving set targets
- Understanding and utilising different case law in disputes as and when necessary
- Preparing Replies to Points of Dispute
- Preparing Precedent H Costs Budgets
- Drafting cost schedules for Disposal/Trial
- Drafting Estimate of Costs to accompany Listing Questionnaire
- Keeping up to date with costs law and changes
Our client is offering a salary of £20,000-£24,000 based on experience. 9 till 5 hours (Monday to Friday).