COSTS ACCOUNTANT (PRODUCTION) - £35k-£45k - ROCHDALE
Costs Accountant - Production
Up to £45k DOE
Strive Supply Chain are a leading management recruitment consultancy, specialising in Supply Chain, Production, Planning, Logistics, Transport & Warehouse Operations, please visit our website at www.strive.co.uk or join us on twitter at twitter.co m/strivellp for further vacancies and information.
Our client is a leading manufacturer of packaging solutions with a global presence, and we are delighted to assist them in their search for a Costs Accountant to support the UK business, managing and controlling raw material and product costing and providing cost of sales and margin analysis, based at their UK head office near Rochdale (OL15).
Reporting directly into the UK Financial Controller, you will already have experience of costings, ideally within a production & manufacturing environment and be able to manage large workloads along with coordination of stock control and reconcile to accounting records.
There are general daily, monthly and annual duties & responsibilities to consider in this role and the and main points of this are:
- Support the group accounting activities
- Reference for internal customers in relation to margin management
- Assist in preparation of statutory financial statements and Group reporting
- Draft management report regarding margins shared with Supervisor.
- Reconciliation of subledger with general ledger related to inventory
- Co-ordinate full physical inventory counts (2 per year).
- Assist in preparation of monthly financial statements and Group reporting
- Preparation of P&L to gross margin as basis for Supervisor to finalise Month End reporting to Group
- Verification of stock accruals based on contracts, purchase offers and data of approved budget
- Verification of inventory valuation and validation of stock movements
- Reconciliation of general ledger accounts during closing process
- Product costing & customer margin analysis
- Review of polymer analysis and inventory adjustments
- Co-ordinate inventory cycle counts and report / action findings
- ACCA or CIMA or equivalent qualifications
- Good working knowledge of ERP Systems
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and Pivot Tables
- Demonstrable knowledge costing and margin analysis
- Working to SOX requirements
- German or European language skills would be of benefit
- Well organised and able to work to tight deadlines in a somewhat pressurised environment
This is an exciting opportunity to join a global organisation, so get in touch to be the new member of this growing team, we look forward to receiving your application.
Note re GDPR rules & CV retention:
- Cost Accounting
- Manufacturing Environment
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'