The position of Costing Engineer poses the following duties;
- Supporting the management and analysis of data.
- Working with very complex bills of materials and spreadsheets with hundreds of supplier costing inputs.
- Working with internal teams such as procurement, accounts, and design.
- Report data to management, focussing on accuracy and solutions going forward within the costing cycle.
- Calculating the cost and investment of any new product that will be manufactured on site.
- Reporting to senior management teams globally.
- The role will involve an element of working cross functionally with buyers in order to confirm all-round product costing.
- The role involves detailed and complex data management including: Investment analysis, quotation tracking, and prototype drawing issue tracking.
Applicants will hold the following experience;
- Background in manufacturing, production or financial services, within costing/estimation departments
- Experienced in managing cost detail to a high level of accuracy
- Experienced in managing associates in a highly pressurised environment
- High level of proficiency in Excel and Powerpoint
- A keen eye for detail; able to spot patterns and anomalies in data
- Confident in working independently
- Complex data management skills
- Confident communicator with all levels of associates
Omega Resource Group Ltd are acting as the employment agent for this position. For more information please contact Lisa Brassington on //
Omega Resource Group Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
- bill of materials
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job