A fantastic new opportunity has become available for a Costing Clerk to join a globally renowned company in Newcastle city centre on a fixed term maternity cover contract.
You will be responsible for ensuring that all staff time is correctly allocated to job numbers in a timely and accurate manner.
- Working within a team reporting to the team leader on day to day work related issues
- To input data, execute changes and maintain data records for staff and jobs
- Validating and checking of time sheet data change requests and executing transfers to move time from jobs
- Setting up staff on the systems systems, maintaining the time sheet system and managing data interfaces between systems
- Monitoring email inboxes for requests and communicating with internal customers by email and telephone in relation to the queries and requests received
- To develop technical expertise in computer software used within the Finance team and help with any future potential software developments
Skills and Competencies :
- Experience of working in a job costing environment
- Transactional processing experience (data entry) - good level of speed and accuracy
- Knowledge and experience of using Oracle, JDE or other ERP Finance Systems.
- Awareness or experience of working in a Finance Shared Service Centre environment.
- Experience of working within a team environment.
- Excellent attention to detail and good organisation skills.
- Strong customer service focus and good communications skills
- Commitment to continuous improvement.
- Job Costing
- Shared Services
- Transaction Processing