Covance have an exciting opportunity for a Costing Associate to join their growing team in Yorkshire.
Job Title: Costing Associate
Location: One of our Yorkshire offices - Harrogate, Leeds, York
Covance is currently seeking a Costing Associate to join our Global team. This role is to be based in one of our Yorkshire offices - Harrogate, Leeds, York.
Costing Associate - Main Responsibilities:
- Interprets low to med complexity study designs for pertinent costing requirements and reviews design changes as they apply to the scope of the work, may require more frequent peer review
- Works closely with client managers and other internal partners on low to med complexity study designs and costing of those designs, may require more frequent peer review
- Provides workload support in a costing function, typically for a single service line and single site (i.e. Tox or Metabolism)
- Has knowledge of the systems being used in the costing function
- Provides general information about business units and metrics, processes and operations to customers
- Maintain training manuals for the global costing functions
- Performs tasks in support of the global costing workload as required
- Assists in the costing activities and process improvement initiatives with relevant internal customers
- Assists in the creation and implementation of new processes as standards to improve business as a result of process projects
- Prepares detailed estimates of labour and material costs using appropriate software; provides clarification on metric and cost information as needed; understand and applies resource metrics; provides labour estimates for quote and contract initiation
- Monitors and ensures the timely costing of any changes to the scope of the study/project
- Ensures Sarbanes Oxley Compliance from a costing and pricing perspective as applicable
Supports costing and pricing SMEs and Operational leaders to update metrics in the costing tools as needed.
- Work cross-functionally within the client experience team to resolve quote, contract and billing issues in a timely manner
- Other duties as assigned
Costing Associate - Experience & Education:
- Ability to review and analyse data required
- Experience working directly at a CRO/pharma in a related field
- Well-founded user knowledge of software applications required
- Effective interpersonal skills required
- Ability to effectively communicate with multiple levels of the organization required
- Good negotiation skills required
- Demonstrated attention to detail; consistent accuracy required
- Ability to participate in implementing process improvement
- Ability to report and present information required
- Knowledge of study plans and of the design of Early Development studies required
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to communicate appropriately and effectively with colleagues.
- Positive attitude and sense of urgency
- Advanced knowledge in use of computer systems, databases and relevant applications.
- Familiarity with Life Science/Contract Service or similar business and general operating procedures
- Effective interpersonal and customer service skills; excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated attention to detail; consistent accuracy
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal customers and operational contacts
- Proven ability to work independently
- Identify areas of opportunity in the processes, communicate with management and execute on approved recommendations
- Must be a pro-active problem solver, interacting with internal customers, to meet the business needs in an efficient and timely manner
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific, business or related field (or equivalent work experience)
To submit your CV for this exciting Costing Associate opportunity, please click 'Apply’ now.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'