This rare opportunity has arisen with our outstanding Tyne and Wear based engineering company. The responsibility of the Costing Analyst is to work closely with the rest of the Technical Department to determine the most cost effective, viable process routing in order be able to quote a price for a part in accordance with the customers specification.
- To liaise with internal account managers on the technical detail of a quotation and any likely problems or delays including feasibility studies, which may impact on the submission lead time of the quote
- To compile BOM and routes for new parts and specification changes.
- To control and action process changes once fully approved by the APQP Manager
- Receipt of a customer’s enquiry or request for quotation (RFQ), either direct or via Account Managers and log onto computer as potential new order/ revision to an old order.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the enquiry log and design log.
- Prioritise enquiries and prepare quotation using customer drawings and material specifications.
- Coordinate and collate costs for all elements and components of the part
- Liaise with APQP Manager and participate in cross functional feasibility study meetings at that stage to ascertain that the customers specification can be met
- Prepare technically sound quotations using optimum methods of manufacture to produce a cost effective product
- Liaise with Account Managers for feedback on a quotation and potential order.
- Participate with the APQP Manager BOM Technician and Samples Technicians to agree the BOM and Works order routing
- Compile the BOM, having explored optimum methods of manufacture, using customer drawings and specifications
- Enter new BOMs into MRP system (this task is a supportive function to the BOM Technician)
- Progress design changes: When changes are to be made to the original routing to BOM - working closely with the NPI coordinator and the rest of the Technical Department - to ensure that annotations/ updates and amendments are tracked and recorded at each stage / at each change.
- Where changes have been made to parts already in production - details are to be logged in the Design change register and identify if deliveries have been made. Establish liability of production to old design and whether parts already manufactured can be used on new specification.
- Participate in business development meetings on site with account managers/customers
- Participation in Stock Take
- Minimum HNC level qualification in multidiscipline Engineering
- Experience of producing Quotations / Bills of Materials and seeking costs for sub- component parts either directly or via internal expediter/ buyer
- Portfolio management,
- Competent reading technical drawings and symbols.
- Candidates from a Financial costing / Commercial costing / Internal sales background within a manufacturing / engineering environment will be strongly considered
- Excellent keyboard skills essential and knowledge of MRP systems an advantage
- Ability to closely scrutinize and pay attention to detail of Customer Specific requirements, including aspects of steel strength and tensile, salt spray durability of a finished article, and other technical detail which must be adhered to when pricing material and components.
- Ability to work under pressure of deadlines whilst maintaining high customer service levels.
- Willingness and ability to develop knowledge of manufacturing processes and operations.