Role: Cost Manager (stat utilities)
Salary: £40-£65K DOE or contract rates
Do you have experience of statutory utilities particularly in respect to commercials? Our client - aninternational property and infrastructure construction consultancy, are seeking an experienced Cost Manager to provide commercial support to the Project Team to ensure strict commercial discipline during the diversionary works lifecycle. Projects could vary from £100K to £10M. The ideal Cost Manager will have experience of administration of Contracts between a Client, the Statutory Undertaker (SU) and the Contractor. If you have the relevant experience apply today for the Cost Manager.
- Understand contractual requirements of project documents including notices required to record change etc.
- Liaise with the Contractor, his representatives, SU’s and other 3rd parties on commercial issues,.
- Cost management for diversionary works received from the Statutory Undertakers
- Understand Preliminaries, materials, subcontract etc.
- Understanding of CPI.
- Understand forecast cost to completion.
- Establish and use cost management systems.
- Value management for project - interim and final accounts and payment of invoices.
- Understanding of true value to end of reporting and comparison with actual cost expended
- Understanding of forecast final value at completion.
- Recording of change, allocation of responsibility and recovery of cost from 3rd parties.
- Management of known and newly identified risks and opportunities for best project return.
- Good understanding of "NRSWA Outline of Procedures in Planning & Implementation of Schemes".
- Financial reporting for project
- Provide support to Project Managers on commercial issues.
Skills and experience required:
- A comprehensive level of commercial experience preferably with a contracting organisation.
- Professional qualification in Quantity Surveying or other construction related subject
- Preferably qualified to ICES or RICS accreditation
- A good understanding of NRSWA 1991
- Self-motivated, confident, a good decision maker who copes well under pressure
- Financially and commercials astute
- Good communication skills
- Relevant CSCS Card
- Good IT skills, Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Knowledge of CEMAR