We are responsible for operating, maintaining and improving England's motorways and major A roads. Consider that a third of all traffic, two thirds of heavy goods vehicles, and 98% of UK businesses rely on them, and you can see why our roads, and what we do, matters so much.
It's an exciting time to begin a career with Highways England as we invest £11 billion in our motorways and A Roads boosting capacity, tackling congestion and improving safety which why we're so grateful to our c 4,500 employees around the country. When you work with us, you're helping to connect communities, sustain business and support the economy. And with responsibility for major projects, working here is also a great move for your career.
Due to continued growth and investment, Highways England is looking to expand our Cost Intelligence team and recruit a new Analyst on a permanent basis to be based in Bristol Aztec West Office.
The Cost Intelligence Analyst is responsible for:
- Providing support in evaluating and reporting the cost base and cost drivers across programmes within Highways England
- Interpreting cost data and supporting the creation of information and intelligence and recommending how the use of cost intelligence can improve performance and investment decisions
- Supporting the development and application of the end to end process required to support and deliver the Efficiency KPI and unit cost management
Day to Day
- Managing, developing and motivating graduates as appropriate, and ensuring that they comply with all relevant health and safety policy and processes.
- Supporting the design and implementation of robust processes and systems for cost capture and cost base reporting. Supporting assurance support on cost intelligence, ensuring that the quality of reporting withstands scrutiny internally and externally.
- Supporting the senior analyst in the interpretation of complex commercial data.
- Maintaining Unit Cost dashboards
- Supporting resolution of ad-hoc reporting requirements from programmes by converting complex data into simple to understand advice.
- Co-coordinating and reporting on cost activities
- Managing introduction of Project Bank Accounts and ensure process is embedded across new schemes. Acting as a focal point to support and advise on the introduction of Project Bank Accounts
Previous experience of commercial and financial management
Economic analysis understanding
Experience of carrying out analytical assignments at pace and to be able to communicate the results effectively.
Knowledge and experience of performance reporting and monitoring
Strong communication skills with the ability to engage with a range of stakeholders at different levels.
Advanced Excel and data analysis capability
So we can really get to know you and what you can offer please include a CV with your application. You're also encouraged to include a covering note explaining how you're a great match for us: so please tell us how your skills, experience and qualifications meet both the role, and Highways England, requirements.
For further information please review the Cost Intelligence Analyst job profile.
All candidates invited to interview will be required to provide proof of Right to Work in the UK, which are expected to take place in early April 2018.
We're expecting this role to be popular, so we may need to close the advert early if response is strong so to avoid disappointment, please apply as soon as possible
Help keep England moving. We look forward to hearing from you.
For a full list of our vacancies please apply at recruitment.highways.gov.uk/
- Cost Intelligence
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job