Job title: Cost Estimator - Purchasing
Salary Range: £40,000 - £45,000 per annum + attractive benefits package
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
Are you an experienced Cost Estimator looking for a new and exciting challenge? We are looking to recruit high calibre individuals with passion and energy to deliver in a fast paced, demanding environment. An opportunity as Cost Estimator to join one of the world's most respected and iconic luxury automotive brands at an exciting time in the company's history.
Ideally, you will have a proven track-record and experience of Product Cost Estimating within the automotive or equivalent volume manufacturing environment. Working as part of the Purchasing team, as Cost Estimator you will provide Material, Capital (Vendor Tooling), Design and Development, and Prototype Estimates you will support the following:
- All new programs from through to ensure all cost targets set with our external suppliers are 'value for money'.
- Actively participate in the on-going TVM process to support the achievement of company cost reduction objectives.
- All new programs from through to ensure that all cost targets are set with external suppliers and are 'value for money'.
- Cost Estimates - by analysing how much a component "should cost" to manufacture. Estimate comparison vs. quote & assisted Supplier negotiations with purchase.
- Benchmarking - compare similar components within the parts library and competitor vehicles through 'tear-down' exercises. Develop component cost database for benchmark analysis.
- Quotation Analysis -receive QAFs (Quotation Analysis Forms) from their suppliers. These should be analysed for Value for money.
- Supplier Business Reviews - compile Supplier Business Review documentation identifying by cost driver the suppliers cost of manufacturing. Supplier visits.
- VSM (Value Stream mapping) Cost down - together with the Supplier.
- Engineering support - to provide guidance to the Engineer of the most cost effective way of producing a component.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of product cost estimating to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Warwickshire based iconic Automotive OEM will offer you:
c.£45,000 + Attractive Benefits package plus career development and the opportunity to work for one of the world's most iconic luxury brands.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of produce cost estimating and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Cost Estimator role, please contact Lisa Osborne at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on .
- Cost Estimator or Cost analyst or Cost Engineer