Main Purpose of Role
To act as a source of advice on planning and estimating matters and manage activities across the business. To contribute to the development of a process improvement approach to cost engineering.
Highways England are responsible for operating, maintaining and improving England's motorways and major A roads
- Responsible for using expertise to provide detailed cost estimates for projects and programmes, in order to provide information to a range of areas to plan effectively
- Responsible for working on projects throughout their lifecycle, providing timely and accurate outputs in accordance with the estimating manual to provide information to project boards
- To Lead in the effective implementation of consistent reporting templates to capture and analyse relevant data to ensure that there is a consistent approach from all peers
- To ensure contractors' estimates, including Target Costs, are audited to support the effective cost driven management of all projects
- Assess safety performance to minimise risks, develop improvements and escalate issues with relevant authorities in a timely manner and carry out any tasks identified to the post in the Level 2 and relevant 2a Organisational Health & Safety RACI charts
- Source of advice on planning and estimating matters
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Experienced Cost Engineer / Estimator in the Civil Engineering, or relevant alternative, construction Sector;
- Demonstrable expertise in a specific range of estimations and cost engineering techniques
- Experience of working with and development of estimating templates, tools and techniques.
Essential Functional / Technical Skills
- Ability to work in a complex structured project and programme management environment to tight deadlines
- Able to engage with project stakeholders and work closely with project teams ensuring effective communication to achieve the desired outputs
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite including Microsoft Project or similar planning tools effectively
- Regularly monitor own and team's work against milestones or targets and act promptly to keep work on track and maintain performance
- Gather and use evidence to assess the costs, benefits and risks of a wide range of delivery options when making commercial decisions
Excellent basic salary and benefits package.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job