Do you have experience as a Cost Clerk in a Construction environment. This is to work for one of the largest independently owned infrastructure specialists in the UK.
The Cost Clerk will be required to have previous experience in this role and ideally worked in the construction sector.
You will be using accounts system so experience using a version of is required.
This role is starting ASAP
Working hours are 08:30 - 17:30
What's in it for you?
- Working for an independently owned principle contractor
- Competitive salary and great employee benefits package
- Support and training in your personal career development
Cost Clerk Responsibilities:
- Provide accurate cost capture and reporting on project spend.
- Ensure correct allocation to schedule of cost codes and ensure provision and maintenance of site premises.
- Effectively liaise with Site Teams making them aware of key project cost information
- Manage and implement accurate cost reporting at key stages during the life of the project (CVRs & CTC reports + weekly cost & Plant reports)
- Effective communication with QSs and Site teams on any cost matters which may arise.
- Receive Goods Received Notes from site.
- Enter details of the Goods Received Notes against appropriate order in system.
- Liaise with Purchase Ledger department to match invoices with Goods Received Notes Verify lists of all invoices, payments and Goods Received Notes for the contract to finalise the account.
- Ensure prompt resolution of invoice queries.
- Ensure timely collection of credit notes Issue weekly Plant Book and co-ordinate/ensure appropriately completed and returned by the Site Manager.
- Finalisation of costs in preparation for final accounts, including recoding to align with cost capture
- Chase and receive weekly timesheets from each site then process and submit to payroll for wage payment, resolving any timesheet queries
- Ensure site allocation sheets are maintained on projects and the information is up-to-date on allocation of plant, staff and materials.
Cost Clerk Requirements:
- Previously worked as a Cost Clerk experience
- Construction industry experience is desirable
- Siteman accounts system knowledge is preferred but not essential
- Well versed in using MS Office applications such as MS Word and Excel
- Knowledge and Experience of Purchase Ledgers/Accounting cost systems
- Experience of utilising a range of industry standard processes and systems in order to effectively deliver a project.
Sound like your DREAM JOB? Submit your CV or contact Lauren Jenkins at Randstad CPE London. Not quite right for you but perfect for a friend? - Refer someone now and get £200* if we place them!
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.