Cost and Investment Finance Manager - Electric Vehicle
This role will support the Finance cost function to help deliver the Electric Vehicle (EV) product on cost by SOP. A key member of the EV finance team, this role is focused on providing critical information regarding material cost and investment for the Dyson EV program. Working closely to various functions within the EV project, this role will assist in providing the best information to the team in order to assist Dyson achieve its ambitions in the EV industry.
Malmesbury is tucked away in countryside famous for the landmarks of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. A charming Wiltshire market town doesn't sound like the place to develop world leading technology, but it's just right for us. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent-minded.
As part of the £2.5 billion investment, Dyson acquired a 650 acre plot in Hullavington. This former Royal Air Force base, just five miles from Dyson HQ, will increase our UK footprint tenfold. We'll be turning old hangars into futuristic labs and workspaces - creating a campus to rival those in Silicon Valley.
- You will have responsibility for the control of operational and capital budgets and forecasts of the EV project
- You will ensure strong financial governance of the project to ensure the best product is delivered at the most appropriate level of cost
- A big part of your role is to ensure robust financial control of the production vehicle material cost using the central Bill of Material (BoM) and challenge the teams where required using accurate and unbiased information
- A part of your role will be to help to develop the business case for the financial investment required to deliver the product to SOP, and the longer term market launch strategies.
- You'll manage the budget and LE process to ensure risks and opportunities are identified and understood, through review and challenge of the Executive Leadership team
- You will create and encourage strong cross-functional working relationships at all levels, supporting product and marketing teams with data and analysis
- You will be responsible for the management and reporting of the Electric Vehicle project financial performance
- You'll challenge engineering plans wherever possible, particularly focused on the make/buy strategy and help identify and justify alternatives
- Provide accurate reporting of performance detailing variances from budget and target
Skills & Experience:
- You will have a proven track record in a Cost Investment and Planning role within an Automotive environment, ideally working for a manufacturer
- You will have the ability to communicate appropriate, concise and accurate information clearly to stakeholders at all levels
- Having a strong financial awareness and knowledge of the Affordable Business Structure is key for you in this roleYou will also have a strong analytical ability and high levels of attention to detail
- As innovation is at the heart of everything Dyson does, you will have the ability to adapt or generate imaginative and innovative ideas to improve performance and drive efficiency
- You will have the ability to be able to multi-task and plan effectively when working with a variety of project teams in a often high-pressure environment
- You will have a proven track record of delivery, as well as performance at a more strategic level
- You will have the ability to develop and nurture strong cross-functional relationships within both the EV and wider Dyson business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'