Are you a Cost Accountant? If so, my client a rapidly growing automotive manufacturing company that has multiple production facilities in the UK and are now looking for a Cost Accountant for its UK business based in Telford. This newly created position of Cost Accountant will report to the Finance Manager and will be responsible for implementing and maintaining product cost structures, producing meaningful cost variance analysis and developing detailed cost forecasts.
This is a critical role for the business, and you will be responsible for:
- Development and preparation of labour productivity reports, analysing and identifying key variances;
- Assist with the preparation of weekly/monthly/quarterly forecasts;
- Preparation of monthly stock and Cost of Sales journals;
- Completion of monthly stock balance sheet account reconciliation;
- Verification and recording of month-end inventory cut-off tests;
- Maintain and update rolling stock forecast, identifying variances to prior forecasts;
- Verification and updating in SAP of standard costs for materials, labour and overheads;
- Attend Engineering Change meetings and preparation of financial impact for change requests;
- Preparation and analysis of variances between actual and standard costa;
- Assisting with analysis of Contribution Margin against customer quotation, tracking movements and reconciling back to the original business case;
- Collection and preparation of internal costs relating to Government Grants;
- Track internal costs against customer tooling projects;
- Assisting with reporting of the financial performance of Continuous Improvement projects;
- Assisting with the implementation of robust internal financial controls compliant with Group minimum controls;
- Assist with preparation of quarterly forecasts and annual budgets;
- Promote best practice policies across the department and plant.
You will ideally be:
- ACCA/CIMA Newly or Part Qualified;
- Fully experienced with extensive costing experience preferably in a manufacturing and or/Automotive environment;
- ERP system experience, SAP preferred, and experience of Hyperion is desirable;
- Up to date knowledge of financial reporting standards;
- Advanced MS Excel skills (e.g. Pivot table, V-Look up, data merges and filter experience);
- Experience of working within a robust Internal Control environment;
- Analytical thinking and strong attention to detail;
- Ability to effectively interact with various departments to accomplish the desired results;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Must be self-motivated and goal oriented.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'