Page Personnel are working with a Growing brand to recruit a Cost management accountant on a temporary basis. Joining a well established business in a busy accountancy function, this is an excellent opportunity based in the Flintshire area.
This client is a UK provider and a market leader within its sector. With numerous facilities across the UK this business is constantly growing. The business's head office is based in Flintshire.
In this position of Cost Accountant, you will play a pivotal role in developing processes and systems through a number of key projects, as well as supporting the costing process, stock valuations and management reporting. Key responsibilities include:
- Analyse customer & product profitability, providing recommendations for continuous business improvements to the Senior Cost Review Team
- Provide full and accurate Stock valuations for the sites, including review of obsolete and slow-moving stocks
- Review procedures for cost and inventory control; creating accounts by customer and specific projects
- Update and review standard and actual costs, retaining integrity within the bill of materials and test controls for inaccuracies
- Product Cost variance analysis
- Review and analyse inventory and margin reports, conduct research and perform analytical studies in regards to cost analyses and profitability as required
- Review internal ERP system controls and procedures throughout the Group
- Development of new labour and overhead rates, budget, and forecasts with variance analysis reporting.
- Monthly reconciliation of Assets, Leases, Payroll, Inter-Co, Accrual & Prepayment A/c's
- Coordinate physical inventory counts
- Monitor and review data capture methods and recommend improvements
- Work on other ad-hoc projects as required
The successful applicant from the Cost Accountant role must have:
- Experience working within a manufacturing environment, ideally with costing
- Experience of stock valuation, ERP/MRP system controls, reporting and variance analysis
- Part qualified CIMA / ACCA would be an advantage
- Ability to support a cross-functional management team
- Proven ability to prioritise objectives and skills
- Strong IT skills with advanced Excel
This Cost Management Accountant role will offer:
- £30,000 - £35,000k
- 25 days annual leave (8 days public holiday)
- on - going training
- health care
- childcare vouchers
- cycle to work scheme
- on site parking
- Subsided Canteen
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"