An exciting, brand new opportunity for a Cost Accountant in Stevenage
A forward thinking manufacturing business in Stevenage are currently recruiting for a Cost Accountant to join their Finance team. As the Cost Accountant you will be responsible for managing all aspects of transactional finance and for ensuring the Management Accounts, Budgets and Forecasts are able to be produced/presented accurately and on time.
You will also be responsible for:
- Assisting with Budgeting and Forecasting
- Business partnering with external parties and internal department heads
- Calculating invoices with clear audit trails
- Calculating Grant claims in line with compliance
- Working in line with all financial aspects of project contracts
- Project work including systems, processes and reporting
- To provide role or task cover for other members of the Finance team
The successful applicant must have experience with the following:
- Ideally be at finalist level of your ACCA, CIMA or ACA or at least part qualified
- Cost accounting or project accounting
- Solid working knowledge of month end processes
- ERP system knowledge is desirable but not essential
- Strong control and process experience
- Intermediate to advance Excel skills
- Track record of delivering accurate results within tight deadlines and with limited supervision
- Team work acumen
- Proven ability to communicate effectively at all levels within all areas of a business
In return you will receive:
- £40,000 pa
- 5% performance related bonus
- 28 days annual leave
- 10% company pension contribution
- Income protection
- Private health care
- Salary sacrifice benefits; cycle to work, childcare vouchers, eye care vouchers etc.
- Interest free travel loan
- Performance related bonuses
Please note that if you're offered and accept this position your start will be subject to a general security check.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"